A quick hello :)

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Kate

blank

A quick hello :)

Post by Kate »

Hi

My name is Kate and I am from Kent :)

I thought I would say a quick hello, I picked up my Z3 today! I am so happy with it! It's the 1.9 16v version in Atlanta blue, it has a couple of M Sport interior parts but other than that it is completely standard. I want to make a few changes but these will come in time but first I want to get used to it as it's quite a change from my previous car which was a Yaris T Sport.

Here is a photo of how it looks at the moment (I haven't worked out how to scale down my photobucket image but I will do it before uploading next time sorry):

Thanks

Kate :)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: A quick hello :)

Post by TitanTim »

Hi Kate from Kent, lovely Zed amd welcome to the forum, lets home it drys up a little 8-)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Kate

blank

Post by Kate »

Thanks Tim, I hope the weather does get better as my roof seems to leak quite a lot! Lol, is that quite normal for a soft top on these? I am thinking of investing in a hard top if that is the case :) x
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hello Kate.....welcome - again... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Welcome.You're obviously a woman of good taste.We have a 1.9 Z3,Atlanta Blue,same wheels.If it ever stops raining, I may even drive it.Leaky roof can cause a multitude of problems which we found out.The guys on this forum will be along shortly to help out.
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Welcome Kate, good looking zed, sure someone will be able to help you with your leaking roof :)
ImageImage
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Hi Kate welcome along nice looking z i also have a 1.9 (m44) hope you love it as much as i have
Have fun great little cars ps i think there is an Atlanta blue hard top on e-bay
Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
Zedbedee

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Zedbedee »

Hi Kate, another welcome to the forum. I don't want to spoil your new car but don't underestimate a leaky roof, it can really spoil the interior of the car. They are not supposed to leak allthough the dealer will probably tell you they are. try and get the dealer to help you sort it sooner rather than later.

Del
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Hi Kate, welcome from me too. Your Zed looks in great condition but as the others say get your roof fixed sooner rather than later. Best of luck :)
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Welcome Kate my previous Zed was an Atlanta Blue 1.9. Yours looks in very nice condition.

Depending on where you are in Kent watch out for the Kent Cruise in 2013. Last years Kent Cruise pictures here. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 21&t=34338
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome to the forum Kate,

Its a nice looking zed in the pic and presumably bought from a dealer with some sort of warranty.

If so then get the dealer to sort out the leaking roof under warranty. No convertible should leak (with the roof up lol) and its simply not fit for its intended purpose if it does, simple basic consumer rights cover that one :rtm:

The leak may be anything from a quick fix to a new roof required. If you can narrow down the area of the leak people on here with plenty of experience will help you out but I would still take it back to the dealer.

It is also likely the roof may need re waterproofing which is easy to do using £10 tent proofer and this may even be the cause of damp but I would eliminate other more common causes of leaks first (from blocked drainage channels, rear windows, tears, fitting adjustment, etc....)
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Topperz

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Topperz »

Hi Kate from Kent and welcome
Excellent choice in the z3 had mine about 4 weeks now and love it
Get that top down if the sun comes out this week,it's great even in the winter :D
The only bad thing about owning a Z3 is bedtime .......boing!! time for bed said zebedee

Z3 cosmos black individual 2.0

X1 /MSport XDrive 2.0d mineral white
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Topperz wrote:Hi Kate from Kent and welcome
Excellent choice in the z3 had mine about 4 weeks now and love it
Get that top down if the sun comes out this week,it's great even in the winter :D
Sure is, set the face level vents to blow on your face, put on a warm jacket, stick a hat on if you like, fire up the heated seats (for a while), stick on some shades to combat the low winter sun and you are all set. :drive

A warm welcome from Bonzo. 8-)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

Zedonist wrote:Be careful Kate, most of em on here have never met a lady before :D
If your young and good looking then don't post your picture :roll: I've seen before how quickly that can get a car forum to boiling point :lol: :lol: :lol:

That said you may get a nice local chap to fix your roof quick-sharp :D

Welcome and enjoy your new Z.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Kate, please disregard the two posts above :roll:

We are a friendly Forum and encourage all members to feel at ease here, I'm sure you will enjoy browsing the Forum for help and advice :)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
chrisp_1

M roadster S50

Post by chrisp_1 »

:oops: Apologies, not trying to be 'unfriendly' Gazza - I was just PMSL remembering a thread on another forum and got carried away.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

chrisp_1 wrote::oops: Apologies, not trying to be 'unfriendly' Gazza - I was just PMSL remembering a thread on another forum and got carried away.

We all appreciate a bit of friendly banter, hopefully we haven't scared Kate away :)
Gazza

ImageImage
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

New girl on the site and everyone trying to be politically correct lol

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
Kate

blank

Post by Kate »

Haha! It's nice to see some banter :) don't worry no one will scare me off! Ha!

Thanks for all the advise though guys!!

X
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Welcome :wink: enjoy the zed there great cars.. I would suggest getting the roof sorted asap.. Especially this time of year!
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Ferdinand

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Ferdinand »

Hi Kate,

Greetings and a big welcome from a Dane :wave
Get your roof sorted asap before you get problems with water ingression - and/or get a car for winter driving :D No just kidding..... 'ish
Ferdinand

BMW 3.0iA Sport Edition 08/2002 - iPod kit, CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger & Protek Protector Roof Cover ;o)
Range Rover 4.6 V8 HSE 03/2000, Webasto preheater and CTEK MXS 7000 batterycharger
Citroën Xsara 2.0 110 Hdi Prestige hatchback with VTS alloys, Musketier rear spoiler and Webasto preheater
Volvo 144 1.8 B18 09/1967

http://www.zroadster.org
http://www.zroadster.net
http://www.z3-roadster-forum.de
http://www.z3-forum.de
http://www.zroadster.com