Newbie from the North (Scotland)

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Takumi

M roadster S50

Newbie from the North (Scotland)

Post by Takumi »

Hey

Though Id introduce myself.. After the sudden demise of my Z4 just before Christmas I got myself a Cooper S to run about in. Then a 'conversation' got me thinking Zeds again... only 3s....

And so, I am nearly the proud owner of one of the last of the line Z3s in silver (defo NOT my first choice of colour..., but condition was everything to me rather than colour). Dont have it yet, so no pics. But I'll post as soon as I get it. Looking forward to some Scottish meets!
BlackBeautZ

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Newbie from the North (Scotland)

Post by BlackBeautZ »

Hi Mate

Congrats on owning or nearly a Z3 , best car i have ever owned ! Roof down on a sunny day also priceless, see my custom Zed below. Look forward to pics!
Kris
Black BeautZ

Shamenboy

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Shamenboy »

hi and welcome. hope your in the north of scotland. we need to get together up here. im in elgin. 30 miles from inverness.

craig.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome Takumi....you'll find the Z3 group here quite normal...after about 3 months.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Takumi

M roadster S50

Post by Takumi »

Not that far north Shamenboy... Glasgowshire here!!

Im looking forward to my Zedness, I loved my Z4, but they were a bit comon! I think it may be a more intense affair with the 3! :shock:

All we need now is some sun, I have just over a week to wait to collect the car... so that gives Madam Spring a bit of time to shift her butt!
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

its a nice to have more Scottish zeddders on here . :D welcome to the madhouse mate , you will love your z3 so much you can do to it ,and personalise it to your taste ..... 8-)
Captain

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Captain »

Welcome, nothing wrong with silver, but then I'm biased :grin: I'm sure you going to enjoy your zed, great cars.

Sent from my HTC Desire
ImageImage
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Its a welcome from me too from another northener :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Welcome from me Takumi, I am at the north end of Loch Lomond. Hopefully both PCSAM and myself will get a cruise organised soon :)

Cheers

Brian
Zteve

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zteve »

Hi Takumi,

Your not so far from me, will have to look out for you on the road. There are a few Zeds around Moray, 2 in my street including mine!

Steve.
Takumi

M roadster S50

Post by Takumi »

Looking forward to it .... cant sleep! lol... NAh, seriously looking forward as are my friends, 'I dont mind looking after it for you etc....' hahaha!

So keep me posted on Scottish Meets. Brian H... dont think I can be near your car... I love yellow Zeds, my Z4 was Phoenix yellow and had it been a perfect world Id have loved a Dakar Yellow or Green Z3.
Takumi

M roadster S50

Post by Takumi »

SO here's some pics of the the 3, (put one one up of the deceased 4). So glad the sun shone over the weekend, despite the freezing cold! I'll put some other pics in a gallery later. I dont plan to modify the car, just keep it the was it is and as good as it left the factory!

weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by weegeoff »

Wellcome :wave I live about 70 miles :arrow: west of you on loch Fyne
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Welcome, a lovely looking 3 (slightly biased as mine is silver :D ) a lovely looking 4 too. You don't see many in that colour :) why/how demise? :(
Takumi

M roadster S50

Post by Takumi »

('_')Z3 wrote:Welcome, a lovely looking 3 (slightly biased as mine is silver :D ) a lovely looking 4 too. You don't see many in that colour :) why/how demise? :(
Thanks!

The Z4 met a sudden demise just before Christmas when it met another car at close quarters. It needed very few panels but the insurance company wrote it off. So whilst that was upsetting, I now have a Z3... every cloud has a silver (coloured car) lining!!
weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by weegeoff »

What year was your Z4 I thnk the next time I insure my Z. I will see if I can get done as a cherished car :rtm:
Takumi

M roadster S50

Post by Takumi »

It was a 56 with less about 25000 miles - it was immaculate, but the bonnet alone was almost £1000! Crazy eh?
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Spang257 »

Hey Takumi - I'm new on here too!

I'm pretty close to you, living in Nairn and working in Inverness.... I used to work in Giles Café Bar in Batchen Street many moons ago when it first opened.. Don't know if you remember that far back?

Regards,

Vince
"You can't hide a stick of broccoli in a glass of milk..."
Belle

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by Belle »

Welcome Takumi!! I'm in the West End. See quite a few Z3s around Glasgow but sadly few waves :(
Welcome from me Takumi, I am at the north end of Loch Lomond. Hopefully both PCSAM and myself will get a cruise organised soon
Will keep an eye out for this. Haven't been to any meets yet and would love to meet some other zeds

Belle