New owner in Eastbourne!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
bobc

Z3 roadster 2.2i

New owner in Eastbourne!

Post by bobc »

"Eastbourne: the Sunshine Coast". Not this year!

So I probably paid too much, it has usual bunch of faults... I've only one question.. how come I didn't get one before?! :D

Anyway, if you see me give me a wave, and if you know a reliable mechanic in Eastbourne area, let me know!

Note: not actual reg no, but it should be ;)

Bob.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New owner in Eastbourne!

Post by Bonzo »

Hi Bob,welcome to the forum. We need to know more about your Z so spill the beans. Interior, mods, plans, what your significant other thinks of it, every little thing!

Cheers,

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi & welcome - a late 2.2 - nice car and engine :lol:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the forum Bob....I will forewarn you....if you decide to keep your Z as near as dammit to OEM, you will save yourself £.000's...this forum is a fantastic knowledge base, but it'll drive you nuts with upgrades and mods...and if you fall prey to the "yumminess" of what's available for these cars...it could be the poorhouse for you...
Happy motoring, and look forward to your first questions on upgrades etc etc... :wink:
Barry
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
bobc

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by bobc »

Hi guys

I'm not really up on the different specs, but I think standard 2.2 with light blue interior, no fancy options. Several not very careful owners :( Someone in the past has helpfully added ventilation holes to the roof with a knife. :head:

I had to change the gear knob, the old one literally came off in my hand (that sounds so wrong) also new gaiters for gear and handbrake. I will change the lighter socket when I figure out how (you may guess I am not very good with cars :))

Once I stop the roof leaking, I will do something with the seats, apart from normal wear there is water damage. In fact, I will need to pop out soon with a mop, it's been raining all day...
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Re: the roof leaks. I was recommended a really good product for this problem...it was before I replaced the roof - but, it's absolutely the dogs for your "holes".. it's called, "STORMSURE". It's actually a range of products, but one of the major applications is the repair of soft tops...and diving wetsuits - If you log onto eBay, and do a search for "stormsure soft top repair kit"...you will find exactly what you need to fix the leaks fairly cheaply.
The ciggy lighter requires the center console to be removed...it'll save you damaging the console surface trying to pry it out...which isn't really the way to get it out. Removing the center console is fairly simple, and you will find detailed info on that procedure in the Z3 Knowledgebase...just search for "center console removal" and you'll have all the info you need. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Ragtop »

Hi bobc welcome to the forum, I see your just a few miles along the coast from me.

If your free next Sunday 21st April you could join us on a Zed cruise, details here. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=36974
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hiya, its a welcome to zedding and the forum from me too :D you bought it/him/her just at the right time. Enjoy :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Southernboy wrote: "stormsure soft top repair kit"...
Agree with Southernboy - need to get the inside dry asap :bawl: - I've heard good reports about this stuff.
bobc

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by bobc »

Thanks for tips, this forum is awesome! New roof purchased (thanks Chris) and Stormsure ordered for quick fix :D

While I was sat in the car, water seemed to be dripping in from the seal where it meets the windscreen. Not sure if water is running inside the roof to the edge, or just along the seal?