newbi worcestershire

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
littlefeller

blank

newbi worcestershire

Post by littlefeller »

hi all, brought mine sat afternoon, spent sunday morning cleaning it, then the afternoon driving it with the roof down. 79000 miles no rust, pretty good nick. a quick question - cam belt, when does it need changing on a 1.9?
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: newbi worcestershire

Post by Del »

Hi and welcome. Uses a chain – generally bullet proof – not a service item normally. :lol:
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

wow bonus :lol:
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Welcome to the forum from me too :wave one of our clowns is called 'littlefella' :roflmao: (thats a fish by the way)

Are you joining us at Silverstone end of july ?
[/url]
ImageImageImage
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

silverstone eh, umm i may do. a quick question here, just got back from a quick spin and while putting the roof back up i noticed there are some funny holes one either side of the seats - drivers side is to the right and oposite on the other seat, its not the holes with covers for the hoops but infront of these and lower down towards the seats, anyone any ideas what they are for? :? it looks as though something is suposed to slot into them, they may also have motors or catches of some description fitted, but cant really see :?
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'd hazard a guess that they might be the mounting brackets for a hardtop. This is the passenger side of my car:

If that is what you have, then you either have the possibility of buying a hardtop, or you are sitting on a couple of hundred quid of fitting kit that you can sell.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

yep thems the ones, ah wondered what they were. thanks for quick reply 8-)
no wait, i just looked at your photo and its the single hole( with the funny key shaped hole or drive/lock in it) next to the two, your apears to have a movable cover
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Yes, that is the hardtop mount - a prong on the roof locks into that - it has a pin through it that slides down the "keyhole" bit and rotates to lock it in place. The cover swivels over it when not in use to keep the dust out. The passenger side has an electrical connection for the heated rear windscreen. The other bit with the star-shaped holes and cutout is for the roof ram - mine has an electric roof, so it is a hydraulic ram under there, but it is a gas strut in the same place on manual roofs, so they should also have this.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

thats why i thought electric motor, i could see there may be some wires there. didnt know there was a hard top. ummm im not going to need these, maybe i could sell them :lol: another bonus :) glad i brought this car. my other cars are vw polo (now up for sale) and a beloved hond prelude vtec which i have owned for 10 years and never let me down. the z is alreadt finding a special place in me, cant stop going for short drives :P happy i brought this on a whim, it will never have the ooomph of the honda but you dont have to drive fast to have fun :P
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

seasurfer wrote:Welcome to the forum from me too :wave one of our clowns is called 'littlefella' :roflmao: (thats a fish by the way)

Fish, lovely with chips, bring to silverstone :D

The 'BEAST' 666
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Nice car little fella.

Just curious as to why your called littlefella,

Is it because you have a littlefella? :twisted:

The 'BEAST' 666
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

:lol: had that one before, its just a name i use on other forums, it originated from an ebay account i used to sell small chainsaws :lol: feller as in faller :lol:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

littlefeller wrote::lol: had that one before, its just a name i use on other forums, it originated from an ebay account i used to sell small chainsaws :lol: feller as in faller :lol:
I will stay out of your way if you have a large saw!

Welcome sir.

Ps I was going to ask if you were a midget :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Badman gee wrote:
seasurfer wrote:Welcome to the forum from me too :wave one of our clowns is called 'littlefella' :roflmao: (thats a fish by the way)

Fish, lovely with chips, bring to silverstone :D

im afraid it would fish and chip - he is only 1.5 inch long, so not really a mouth full :D and trust you to be thinking of your tum :D
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Just a small snack then gill.

Good stuff 8-) :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Im not bringing him :bawl:
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

seasurfer wrote:Im not bringing him :bawl:
Please, I have a portable grill and a mallet.

The 'BEAST' 666
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Im getting really upset now, the littlefella is not for sale :bawl:
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

seasurfer wrote:Im getting really upset now, the littlefella is not for sale :bawl:
Don't want to buy him,

Just devour him :twisted:

Yummy.

The 'BEAST' 666
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Right, ive officially gone off you :shock:
[/url]
ImageImageImage
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

seasurfer wrote:Right, ive officially gone off you :shock:
Ha :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Badman gee wrote:
Stop winding Gill up your expertise is required on't Lounge
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

snoops wrote:
Badman gee wrote:
Stop winding Gill up your expertise is required on't Lounge
:bawl:

The 'BEAST' 666
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Montreal Blue with Beige Oregon leather interior with wood trim? Classy!

Welcome vertically challenged one. :D

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

Bonzo wrote:Montreal Blue with Beige Oregon leather interior with wood trim? Classy!

Bonzo.
is that vertical dangler :lol:

The 'BEAST' 666
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. its a real nice blue, and yes it has beige leather, though i must admit i thought the wood was an aftermarket part, seems im wrong :) i did go look at a 2.8 in the same colour and interior the day before but it had rotten sills, or at least the start of rot :evil: :evil: glad i walked away now or i wouldnt have found this one, though it was filthy, took me 2 hours polishing followed by almost one and a half hours inside and i still havnt finnished. looking forward of enjoying my latest motor. is this a mad house, i hope so :twisted:
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

It's a nut house, on here sometimes.

But it's great.

The 'BEAST' 666
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

[quote="littlefeller"]hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. its a real nice blue, and yes it has beige leather, though i must admit i thought the wood was an aftermarket part, seems im wrong :) i did go look at a 2.8 in the same colour and interior the day before but it had rotten sills, or at least the start of rot quote]

The sills unbolt quite easily for refurb or replacement actually!

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Badman gee wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Montreal Blue with Beige Oregon leather interior with wood trim? Classy!

Bonzo.
is that vertical dangler :lol:
B.G., You mean the angle of the dangle?
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

Bonzo wrote:
littlefeller wrote:hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. its a real nice blue, and yes it has beige leather, though i must admit i thought the wood was an aftermarket part, seems im wrong :) i did go look at a 2.8 in the same colour and interior the day before but it had rotten sills, or at least the start of rot quote]

The sills unbolt quite easily for refurb or replacement actually!

Bonzo.

:x don't tell me that now :x it was a lot more expensive though :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

But, it was a 2.8, with that lovely 6 burble on the overrun, and... Oh, sorry to rub it in! :twisted:
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

Bonzo wrote:But, it was a 2.8, with that lovely 6 burble on the overrun, and... Oh, sorry to rub it in! :twisted:
yeh it did sound nice, but im trying to reduce my running costs not make it worse. :o
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

Robert T wrote:Yes, that is the hardtop mount - a prong on the roof locks into that - it has a pin through it that slides down the "keyhole" bit and rotates to lock it in place. The cover swivels over it when not in use to keep the dust out. The passenger side has an electrical connection for the heated rear windscreen. The other bit with the star-shaped holes and cutout is for the roof ram - mine has an electric roof, so it is a hydraulic ram under there, but it is a gas strut in the same place on manual roofs, so they should also have this.

Cheers R.
yes mine does have all those holes, stroke of luck 8-)
Momo

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Momo »

littlefeller wrote:thats why i thought electric motor, i could see there may be some wires there. didnt know there was a hard top. ummm im not going to need these, maybe i could sell them :lol: another bonus :) glad i brought this car. my other cars are vw polo (now up for sale) and a beloved hond prelude vtec which i have owned for 10 years and never let me down. the z is alreadt finding a special place in me, cant stop going for short drives :P happy i brought this on a whim, it will never have the ooomph of the honda but you dont have to drive fast to have fun :P
Hi littlefeller! I'm a Honda to bmw convert... Although I still say you can't beat a bit of vtec :wink:
littlefeller

blank

Post by littlefeller »

Momo wrote:
littlefeller wrote:thats why i thought electric motor, i could see there may be some wires there. didnt know there was a hard top. ummm im not going to need these, maybe i could sell them :lol: another bonus :) glad i brought this car. my other cars are vw polo (now up for sale) and a beloved hond prelude vtec which i have owned for 10 years and never let me down. the z is alreadt finding a special place in me, cant stop going for short drives :P happy i brought this on a whim, it will never have the ooomph of the honda but you dont have to drive fast to have fun :P
Hi littlefeller! I'm a Honda to bmw convert... Although I still say you can't beat a bit of vtec :wink:
yep proudly vtecing since 2002, though I must admit it is a good way to loose your licence. I do still have the Honda but im now putting it up for sale :cry: its been a great car, but im also happy I brought the z :D
Momo

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Momo »

I had a 5th gen prelude which was a big lazy boy, a del sol SiR and a few civics, one with a b18 conversion. I feel all grown up now with the Z! Haha :)