Sorry - Posted on the wrong thread... DOH!

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Sorry - Posted on the wrong thread... DOH!

Post by Spang257 »

Hi Guys - I introduced myself recently via the 'gallery' thread not seeing this one.

I'm Vince and I live in Nairn about 14 miles to the east of Inverness on the A96. My 2000 Zed Three is a 2.8 with a lowly 60,000 miles on the clock. I'm a relatively new 'Zedder' but I fell in love with mine the first time I drove it.

It's needing a bit of work including both windows which seem to take forever to go up and down (needing lube?) and the offside headlamp adjusting screw under the bonnet has a rotten spindle. I think it may have been shunted at some stage too because the rear panels aren't particularly well lined up. Apart from all this though - it's a beaut' and my biggest thrill came recently as I drove it 170 odd miles from Arbroath to Nairn at night with the roof down (and the heater full on).

Looking forward to chattin'...

All the best,

Vince
"You can't hide a stick of broccoli in a glass of milk..."
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Sorry - Posted on the wrong thread... DOH!

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum ;)

You could try some silicone spray in the upright window channel
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Spang257 »

Thanks Gazza, I have tried that - I reckon it could be the window mechanism inside the door needing a bit of a service...

All I need to know is how to get the door panel off when the weather is a bit better..
Spang257

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Spang257 »

Aha - just found a thread that covers this.... 8-)