New member North Wales

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
PieDinner

Z3 roadster 3.0i

New member North Wales

Post by PieDinner »

Hi everyone, recently bought a Z3 3.0 Sport Auto on an 02 as a summer car. First impressions are good, although gearbox seems much happier in manual mode or sports. Seems a bit floppy in normal auto. Engine is brilliant and sound great too....just another excuse to go topless!!

I've owned about 60cars since passing my test, but this my first BMW. Persuaded a bit by the wife who has happy memories of her old 325!! Sold my MX5 Mk1 to purchase.

Look forward to seeing you out there. It's not my regular driver as I have a 2yr old and the Mrs isn't keen on her being onboard. However if anyone has any recommendations for a child seat that fits, that would be very very welcome :P .

Only problem so far is the headlight switch needs to be pulled out and then tapped a bit to make the dash lights come on (is that common fault)?

Mike
ImageImage
Last edited by PieDinner on Thu 02 May, 2013 08:53, edited 2 times in total.
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New member North Wales

Post by Lewy »

Hi Mike, welcome! Great to see ywt another z on here :thumbup: pics are compulsory :lol:
Last edited by Lewy on Thu 02 May, 2013 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Lewy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Lewy »

Also in answer to the child seat question, haven't ever bought one myself but when you do just make sure you check out the airbag requirements as some say to turn the airbag off on the passenger side if you fit a child seat :thumbup:
PieDinner

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by PieDinner »

Pic added.

Re the childseat, general advice seems to be forward facing ok as long as seat fully back? Don't think we have a disable switch do we? Or is their a weight sensor?
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

welcome mate , lovely cart and the best colour 8-) you should get rid of the ///M badge on the front grill , the 3.0i don't have to pretend to be something it is not :D
PieDinner

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by PieDinner »

PCSAM wrote:welcome mate , lovely cart and the best colour 8-) you should get rid of the ///M badge on the front grill , the 3.0i don't have to pretend to be something it is not :D

Thanks mate...The badge must have been free with the steering wheel :shock: . I've only had him a few days, so will start to build my mod list!! :)
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Welcom to the forum .bring yourself along to the welsh cruise next sunday , be a great day
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Photographed in New Brighton by any chance?
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the forum....the light switch needs to be turned clockwise to brighten the dash lights....if it's a little faulty / erratic, it's easy to remove, and then you can check the contacts on the switch...some electrical contact spray cleaner usually does the trick.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

PCSAM wrote:welcome mate , lovely cart and the best colour 8-) you should get rid of the ///M badge on the front grill , the 3.0i don't have to pretend to be something it is not :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: Blimey ! well ive heard them called a few things, but PCSAM :shock: :bawl: :bawl: a cart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Poor lad, anyhow, its a welcome from me too and the 2nd best colour for a zed :D :D :wave
[/url]
ImageImageImage
billz

Z4 roadster 3.0si

Post by billz »

Welcome, yep 1st colour is Silver :) Good day out on the 30th of June around the evo near wrexham
Image ImageImageUploaded with ImageShack.com
Z3 3.0 Sports Sold
Z4 3.0si Ruby Black with Champagne Leather and Piano Black Dash
PieDinner

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by PieDinner »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Can't make it this weekend as working, but I'll be at a meet soon for ideas and inspiration. I like to 'custom my ride' :P
Still happy for any child seat ideas though, need to buy one soon as with this sun I'm stuck driving my Vectra with the daughter onboard :cry:
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

seasurfer wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Blimey ! well ive heard them called a few things, but PCSAM :shock: :bawl: :bawl: a cart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Poor lad, anyhow, its a welcome from me too and the 2nd best colour for a zed :D :D :wave
it was a stupid smelling mistake :D