New owner from the Cotswolds

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

New owner from the Cotswolds

Post by Mcjazz »

Good Morning

New to BMW but not to cars, mostly modified in fact always modified. I have been into cars all my life and thought it was time to try something different. My wife did have a new Z3 in 2001 so that maybe had something to do with it.

We have just bought a 2001 2.2 sport in Dakar Yellow 80k wih full s/h So far so good. I quite like it. Very different from 1998 Honda Type R and its vtec. Which I still own also have a wild CRX track car. We do an annual road trip to Switzerland, Italy and the South of France so hopefully the Z3 will add to that experience.

I hope to be able to contribute to the Forum using my experience of tuners, mapping, chassis and brakes but will be learning about the Z3 for a while.

Looks like a really helpfull lot on here oh and I do use search before asking, truly.

All the best Moray
Ragtop

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: New owner from the Cotswolds

Post by Ragtop »

Welcome Mcjazz, good to see another Dakar owner, that makes 4 Dakars on the forum. :D Looking forward to seeing pictures of your Zed. :drive
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Welcome Moray, Nice colour (although I may be biased :D )

Any question just ask

Brian

@ Ragtop, I now make this 6 (5 roadsters and 1 Coupe), it is now almost as common as silver :wink:
Last edited by Brian H on Thu 09 May, 2013 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum :)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Welcome.. What crx do you have? I had a thing for Hondas a while back, had mk3,2 and 1 crx's also civic vti.. Great little cars
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Mad Max

blank

Post by Mad Max »

Just to echo the sentiments - best colour and welcome :)
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Welcome to a new nappy yellow owner, from Zelda and Bonzo. :wink:
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mcjazz »

Thanks all. Just had a first result from the ForumI thought the door mirrors were fixed as they were stuck solid. After reading this was not the case just got them folding a treat with Plusgas took it easy as they were stuck solid. So many thanks.

The CRX is a 91 SiR originally now completely modified and track focused. Ek9 is lovely has a Teg motor too, was modified but nearly back to original. The vti is a lovely car my son has one.

The car needs a bit doing, mostly cosmetic. Need a new m sport gear knob it lights up but only to show how worn it is.

Anyways is there a good BMW OEM parts supplier that the forum recommends ? Mail order. Lings were good for Honda stuff where you could put your reg number in and then go to an online catalogue of parts.

Thanks again hope to see som of you out an about.
ZedAintDead

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by ZedAintDead »

Welcome!

Only recently saw a Dakar yellow Z3 in the flesh and thought it was a lovely colour, photos don't tend to do it justice somehow.

Enjoy!
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by stupot50 »

Might have seen you about but I left the Cotswolds 3 months ago and returned to Devon. Enjoy the country roads round there, good fun to be had :)
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

Greetings from another new Dakar Yellow owner.
Mine's a Z3M Roadster, loads of fun in the week or so that I've had it.
I'm in Somerset, have friends over near Oxford so may see you around to offer a friendly wave!
All the best with yours, too.
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

Batchem1 wrote:Greetings from another new Dakar Yellow owner.
Mine's a Z3M Roadster, loads of fun in the week or so that I've had it.
I'm in Somerset, have friends over near Oxford so may see you around to offer a friendly wave!
All the best with yours, too.
Now this is getting serious, Dakar Zeds are coming from every direction :shock: Welcome to the Forum :D
Batchem1

M roadster S50

Post by Batchem1 »

Thanks, Brian H.
I'm still trying to post a couple of pics - no luck so far!
Mcjazz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mcjazz »

Here was me thinking mine was rare too. Oh well it is in the wee village I live in so guess that will have to do.

Anyways good friendly forum here been helped out already with bits n pieces from members.

Moray