Newbie Saying "Hello"

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
dapc

Not specified

Newbie Saying "Hello"

Post by dapc »

Hi, my name is Damian and in Middlesex, Im on the hunt for a 2.8 z3 but trying to sell my current car or even looking for a Px. Very annoying indeed! Iv viewed a few and test drove one and my heart is set on one. There have been a few come and go and its getting frustrating!

Well if anyone is interested in a Sporty Diesel, look below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221241106167? ... 1555.l2649
Keefboz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Newbie Saying "Hello"

Post by Keefboz »

I live real close to you, there are some 2.8s in the area, got mine locally about 6-7 months ago. Good luck on your sale and search!
"Drive it like you stole it.... then pay your tickets"
nash

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by nash »

Welcome aboard, good luck with the sale and new Z hunt
Reality is an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
dapc

Not specified

Post by dapc »

Cheers guys! Yeah iv seen a few around me, Red, Black and Blue! Im looking forward to joining the fold!

after checking with my insurance, the 3.0 isn't that much more. Is there much difference? Is the 3.0 more/less or the same reliability as the 2.8? is the 3.0 weaker?
Pep

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Pep »

I'm biased but I test drove both the 2.8 and the 3.0 and I had to get the 3.0

There isn't a huge amount of difference on paper and mine came with a lot of ACS kit which was a bonus but the 3.0 just felt much more powerful to me!

Try to test drive a couple of each and see whether any difference in up-front price and insurance/tax costs is significant enough to sway you either way.

I imagine that servicing and running costs will be similar and in terms of fuel economy neither engine is going to be rivaling a 1.4 diesel so you can probably ignore the extra 1 or 2 mpg you might get from the 2.8.

I've promised myself I won't test drive an M until I can afford one, I'm jealous enough of the looks without being jealous of the drive at the moment :lol:
dapc

Not specified

Post by dapc »

Cheers Pep, my megane has sold, so on the hunt. Found a nice 2.8 with hard top, 98k fairly good condition. So im going to takea gander.

Cant wait!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Welcome to the Forum and good luck finding a car :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage