Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Hi all, i have been hanging about in the wings for a couple of weeks so i think it's about time to introduce myself.
my name is Iain and my wife and i have recently bought a '97 Z3 1.9 auto in Atlanta blue with beige interior (007 style so my wife has named her 'miss moneypenny :lol: )
we had been on the lookout for a future classic 2 seater convertible for a while and finally decided the Z3 was the way to go.
i have spent the last 2 weeks (and still ongoing) bringing her back up to scratch and will post some pics in the form of a diary in the next few days.
we both have 'everyday' cars (an impreza wrx and hyundai coupe) so the zed is purely for summer enjoyment for us both.
i will be asking a few question in the near future when i get round to changing some of the mechanicals but in the mean time i intend to enjoy the zed and the forum. :D
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: newbie

Post by Del »

Hi and welcome - glad you see the Z3 as a potential classic :)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Welcome:grin:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Welcome from me too :wave must see the car though, forum rules :wink:
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...and welcome from me...happy motoring in Ms. Moneypenny... :wave
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
janijoeli

M roadster S50

Post by janijoeli »

Welcome from another new Z3 owner! :)
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

thanks for the welcome......
a couple of pics of our zed (taken on phone so please excuse the quality :oops: )

since the photos were taken I have replaced the kidney grills with original black and chrome items, added chrome inner door handles and the airbag badge on the steering wheel, cleaned and conditioned the hood and rear window, cleaned up the engine bay and had the aircon regassed.
things i'm planning on doing.......
add chrome dial and heater rings, new mats, new rear shocks and lower rear springs (it sits 45mm higher than the front?) and new exhaust hangers.
I am in Gloucester, is there any owners around this area?
Mint

blank

Post by Mint »

Looks in good condition and great colour :)