newbie from manchester

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
duncan

Z3 roadster 1.8

newbie from manchester

Post by duncan »

hi
i have just taken the plunge and brought a z3 after 30 years of driving MG mgf and mgtf my last being the tf the mg org was a great for all info
and this site looks to be the same ,i now have to start at the bottom and work my way up again and try and find as much as i can about the z3
the list of jobs i need to do are small , 1) need a remote key car came just with a key, 2) seat bushes i got them today 3)sort soft top out has lifted just over
the ns window . i hope i am not going to be much of a pain in the a**e with my list questions i live in manchester so if any manc can point me in
the direction of places for parts etc that would be great, i will say i think i have made a good move in coming over to a z3 i have only had the car a week
and it brought back the smile to my face which i was loosing over the years with the tf

Duncan :D
Harlowm1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: newbie from manchester

Post by Harlowm1 »

HI there Duncan,

I'm a new Z3 owner too so looking forward to seeing the responses!!! Where did you get your seat Bushes from?? I have seen a lot of Demos on You Tube of how to fit these, but I am nervous about tripping the airbag fault so I may just get them done by the garage I use!!

I'm trying to keep my Z as original as possible, I need to replace the vinyl film that's on the windscreen frame, if anyone is commenting on your thread and has experience of this some advice on how and where to get it done would be great!!

Duncan I put mine through a Health Check at the BMW Dealership I use for my modern cars, it was great, gave me a full list of what needs to be done and gave me peace of mind that the car is actually mechanically in A1 condition, and they didn't even charge me in the end, but it was advertised at just £30, small price yo pay for peace of mind.

Cheers

Martin
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Welcome to the "Z"oo....Great to have newbies...You will find the forum extremely freindly and even more helpful...even though some of the respondents may be a tad dubious in the mental health department...they always mean well...
Some tips...
1. Visit this site... realoem.com when you get in there, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN number...and tap "enter"...Then click "BROWSE PARTS"....and select from the options the most likely subcategory in which you would expect to find what you're looking for...you will then find some more options / drawings and a list of the items in the drawings and their OEM part numbers.
2.Use the Z3 Knowlegebase...it has most common issues covered...search using a specific keyword and you will find your way to the relative articles on "HOW TO"...
3. Cry "HELP"....there are any number of skilled / experienced and good hearted people on the forum...they will sort you out soon enough.
4. Pictures of your new car are a requirement as well as yourself...(preferably with clothes on, unless you look like a centrefold candidate)...
You're going to enjoy the ride, so enjoy the forum... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
duncan

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by duncan »

Southernboy wrote:Welcome to the "Z"oo....Great to have newbies...You will find the forum extremely freindly and even more helpful...even though some of the respondents may be a tad dubious in the mental health department...they always mean well...
Some tips...
1. Visit this site... realoem.com when you get in there, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN number...and tap "enter"...Then click "BROWSE PARTS"....and select from the options the most likely subcategory in which you would expect to find what you're looking for...you will then find some more options / drawings and a list of the items in the drawings and their OEM part numbers.
2.Use the Z3 Knowlegebase...it has most common issues covered...search using a specific keyword and you will find your way to the relative articles on "HOW TO"...
3. Cry "HELP"....there are any number of skilled / experienced and good hearted people on the forum...they will sort you out soon enough.
4. Pictures of your new car are a requirement as well as yourself...(preferably with clothes on, unless you look like a centrefold candidate)...
You're going to enjoy the ride, so enjoy the forum... :wink:
cheers for that southernboy can i pop around for a cupa next time i get to cape town i love the place , martin got the bushes off the net £12 pound
i need the film around the screen as well
regards
duncan
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

You're welcome... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Pep

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Pep »

Welcome duncan from another Manc owner!

I'm based in the Green Quarter so hope to see you around some time.

also:
Southernboy wrote:Welcome to the "Z"oo....Great to have newbies...You will find the forum extremely freindly and even more helpful...even though some of the respondents may be a tad dubious in the mental health department...they always mean well...
isn't self awareness an admirable trait SB :P
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Pep...
From now on you can call me "Great master".....my shrink says it'll be good for me.... :roflmao:
"Normal is overrated"

duncan

Z3 roadster 1.8

Post by duncan »

Pep wrote:Welcome duncan from another Manc owner!

I'm based in the Green Quarter so hope to see you around some time.

also:
isn't self awareness an admirable trait SB :P
should do i work in town :)