NEW Z3 2.8 in Plymouth

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

NEW Z3 2.8 in Plymouth

Post by larrygroke »

HI all have just bought a Z3 2.8 T reg now with private plate done 111,000 miles runs as if its done 50,000 everything SEEMS....to be fine have had to replace seat belts as they failed.

Apologies for the state of the car took the photos before i cleaned it :oops:

other than that nothing i can pick up on she is going in to a body shop next week to get rid of stone chips on the bonnet :D looking at what i can do to them any suggestions?

Mod Edit: IMG tags tidied up - 'twas nearly right. R.
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: NEW Z3 2.8 in Plymouth

Post by larrygroke »

Forgot to say got rid of my Vauxhall Vectra C 1.9 CDTI as it was no good for short runs around a city and could not think of anything much better
Mugs

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Mugs »

Hi and welcome - what to do to it? well, firstly i would get rid of the dog exhaust pipe - they have too much of a bark to them :D
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

haha it only just about barks at the moment haha im wanting to get a hard top but as you can see there are no brackets and was told that they do not fit the wide body?
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lordhelpus »

Hi, Welcome.... new here myself as well. nice car
1997 2.8................ Montreal Blue
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

lordhelpus wrote:Hi, Welcome.... new here myself as well. nice car
Hi,

Thanks what Zed do you have??
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

larrygroke wrote:haha it only just about barks at the moment haha im wanting to get a hard top but as you can see there are no brackets and was told that they do not fit the wide body?
Hi it impossible to tell if you have the hard top brackets already installed or not from those pics :rtm:
You need to drop the roof and take a pic of the top of the rear wing just before it meets the door.

Ps as you've asked what's the first thing I would do its remove the front and rear ///M badges, no place for them on a none M :oops:

You do have genuine ///M sports seats fitted though which is a nice mod a previous owner must have fitted and saves you about £500 as it a popular but expensive mod :D

The straight 6 BMW engine is sublime so nice choice.

Ps yours is not a facelift which have several cosmetic differences but most people recognise them by the rear lights and raised rear wings :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

Jonttt wrote:
larrygroke wrote:haha it only just about barks at the moment haha im wanting to get a hard top but as you can see there are no brackets and was told that they do not fit the wide body?
Hi it impossible to tell if you have the hard top brackets already installed or not from those pics :rtm:
You need to drop the roof and take a pic of the top of the rear wing just before it meets the door.

Ps as you've asked what's the first thing I would do its remove the front and rear ///M badges, no place for them on a none M :oops:

You do have genuine ///M sports seats fitted though which is a nice mod a previous owner must have fitted and saves you about £500 as it a popular but expensive mod :D

The straight 6 BMW engine is sublime so nice choice.

Ps yours is not a facelift which have several cosmetic differences but most people recognise them by the rear lights and raised rear wings :wink:
Thanks for the Advice and tips i will take some snaps on the weekend as i am off up to stratford upon avon tomorrow in the Zed for a wedding.
ouch that is an expensive mod :D bouns for me! :D
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Jonttt wrote:Ps as you've asked what's the first thing I would do its remove the front and rear ///M badges, no place for them on a none M :oops:
Watch out for the ///M police :wink:

Looks a nice clean zed and a great find with ///M seats already in it :-)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi and welcome to the forum.
larrygroke wrote:im wanting to get a hard top but ... was told that they do not fit the wide body?
Hardtop is a universal fit to all Z3 models (except the coupe!). Who told you that is wouldn't fit? There are things that won't fit between pre-facelift and facelift, but the hardtop isn't one of them.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

g8jka wrote:
Jonttt wrote:Ps as you've asked what's the first thing I would do its remove the front and rear ///M badges, no place for them on a none M :oops:

Not really, if you want to go fancy dress feel free :twisted:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
larrygroke

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by larrygroke »

Jonttt wrote:
g8jka wrote:

Not really, if you want to go fancy dress feel free :twisted:
LOL it wants to be one by the looks of things haha considering of a debadge
woozzle

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by woozzle »

hi. welcome to the forum. we looked at this z3 in plymouth, seems the dealer puts the ///M badge on most of the used cars!!! ended up getting 2.8 z3 from south wales. enjoy :thumb:
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi & welcome
The normally aspirated 6-cylinder engines are tough and bullet proof so the mileage you have is of no concern - I've talked to various ex-BMW technicians and unlike some other manufacturers these engines don't really have any serious, documented weaknesses - annual oil change and they more or less go on forever. As well as the seats, it looks as if somebody had modernised the lights by fitting units with clear, non-orange indicators on the rear clusters and front/sides. A nice modification would be to eventually convert the front lights as well.
lordhelpus

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by lordhelpus »

larrygroke wrote:
lordhelpus wrote:Hi, Welcome.... new here myself as well. nice car
Hi,

Thanks what Zed do you have??
Hi, Mines a 2.8 as well,, and wide bodied, in montreal blue, it's in the gallery......happy zedding
1997 2.8................ Montreal Blue