Z3 1 Bambi 0

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
seasick steve

Z3 roadster 2.8

Z3 1 Bambi 0

Post by seasick steve »

Sorry folks but Christmas may be a bit slower this year as the big man (Santa) is man down on the Bambi front.
There I was just enjoying this beautiful weather when Bambi leapt out on his last mission, and unfortunately lost. Luckily, he was humanely dealt with, but my poor little Z has a few damaged bits, and your advice is needed.
I have damaged the front grill, and underskirt (undercover), and need to get new ones ( or less broken ones), or replace the grill with a shiny chrome mesh as she is black, and just loves chrome!
Can I ask everyone for any ideas, or part numbers that I may need.
Thanks in advance, and sorry about Christmas.
Steve
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Re: Z3 1 Bambi 0

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

I feel your pain, my coupe was a deer hunter a couple of years ago too!

I'm breaking 2 z3s at the moment a 1.9 prefacelift and a 2.0 post face light so may well have a few parts you're after to repair the damage.

Best of luck

Andy
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
seasick steve

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by seasick steve »

Hi Andy,
Not as much damage as you, but damned inconvenient to an otherwise fantastic condition car.
My damage is limited to the large, bumper, grill, the underbody pulley underskirt, and it's two upright brackets. All simple stuff, and will probably match your stuff. I will try to get some photos on the site to help identify what's what.
My Z is a1998 2.8 in black.
Thanks for posting.
Steve
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

seasick steve wrote:Hi Andy,
Not as much damage as you, but damned inconvenient to an otherwise fantastic condition car.
My damage is limited to the large, bumper, grill, the underbody pulley underskirt, and it's two upright brackets. All simple stuff, and will probably match your stuff. I will try to get some photos on the site to help identify what's what.
My Z is a1998 2.8 in black.
Thanks for posting.
Steve
You got The Dog House Blues mate?
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
weegeoff

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by weegeoff »

Bambi could be very tasty for Christmas dinner :)
seasick steve

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by seasick steve »

Would have loved to have kept it, but the farmer had other plans!
Boysie

M roadster S50

Post by Boysie »

seasick steve wrote:Would have loved to have kept it, but the farmer had other plans!
Probably had a Xmas stag do planned :D
Ray

S50 ///M Roadster, Arctic Silver, Imola Red/Black interior
1970 Austin Healey Sprite, Original ' Now Sold :-(
2002 Harley 1130cc V Rod Custom