New member in Flintshire

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
fast_dps

Z3 roadster 2.8

New member in Flintshire

Post by fast_dps »

Just posting to say hi, new to the forum and new to Z3 ownership.

A couple of months ago I was gifted a 1999 2.8 roadster with a genuine 35K on the clock. Problem was it had an argument with a bridge parapet and the Z's nearside front corner had come off worse! Anyway some clever buying off ebay and from breakers all required parts were obtained at a reasonable cost. Then the skill of my Dad (a retired vehicle mechanic) and the expertise of a top class body shop (Rusthall Coachworks for anyone located in Kent/Sussex) everything was put back together and MOT obtained. First drive was fun, and very enjoyable. All I've got to do now is get organised and get the car home to North Wales as it currently resides in Kent.
Hope to gain some useful information off this forum and can't wait to next summer for some top down driving (although three weeks ago I had to get the hood down and take the kids out one at a time for the experience!). Darren
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: New member in Flintshire

Post by Del »

Welcome Darren - car sounds nice and with 35K on the clock just about run-in now :)
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

Welcome - hope you enjoy it on here - you wouldn't happen to be a GrowHow darren would you? :wink:
fast_dps

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by fast_dps »

Colin (Jonco)
Certainly would be! :wink: Got your email. Have to catch up soon, especially once the Zed is here. :) D
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Jonco »

fast_dps wrote:Colin (Jonco)
Certainly would be! :wink: Got your email. Have to catch up soon, especially once the Zed is here. :) D
Have read your reply and responded with some info. Speak again soon - good luck and enjoy the ride. :cheers