Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Hawk rescue

blank

Post by Hawk rescue »

Hi guys I am a newbie living in Portsmouth, looking at buying my first Z3, this is to do some touring events over here & Europe, which model would you recommend & what is the difference between the wide arch body & normal.
Not ready yet

Z3 roadster 1.8

Re: Newbie

Post by Not ready yet »

Here's how I tell the difference, someone will know the years of actual face lifts no doubt, and help you decide on which to choose, on that my 1.9 seems slightly under powered, but it's economical to run.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

The wide body was only available on the pre facelift 2.8 to start along with the odd ltd model on the 1.9. The facelift came out in 2000 I think? (Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) I have a pre facelift widebody 2.8 and it's a superb all rounder. Plenty of power and torque, We went to the show yesterday at Newby hall which was 170 mile round trip and got a return of 32mpg. As the insurance and tax are the same as the lower engined cars I'd opt for the bigger engine. If budget allows go for the facelift with the newer 3.0 engine. Don't have personal experience but they love them on here. Happy hunting! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Hawk rescue

blank

Post by Hawk rescue »

Thanks for your replies, budget is about £3500. Need to sell my experdition propered nissan navara, after it's done it's last duty on the rally stage at Festival of speed goodwood.
Going to try a few cars first before making my mind up.