Newbie from South Wales

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Joolz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Newbie from South Wales

Post by Joolz »

Hello all,
I picked up my 1st Z3 today. A 99 2.8 finished in silver. The 75 mile drive home was an absolute pleasure as I have had an Audi A3 2.0tdi company car for the past 7 years and haven't experienced rear wheel drive for decades. The engine, box, brakes, hood all seem ok. The bodywork is tatty but nothing that can't be sorted out. The stereo sounded crap. On getting her home, I noticed that some speakers are missing but hey ho.

I am looking forward to getting stuck in to the technical pages of this site to see the best way to maintain and make better my lovely Z3. I hope to be able to contribute some info eventually too.

I have spent the last 1.5 hours stood in my window with a glass of red just looking at her parked outside.

God she's beautiful!!!!

Cheers all.
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Newbie from South Wales

Post by Davejue1 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good place to be, plenty of knowledge on here in form of the knowledge base and through other members who are more than willing to share there know how. The 2.8 is a good choice in my humble opinion. Good performance, amazing MPG for an engine of its size and generally great fun to drive and own. Enjoy! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
t-tony

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by t-tony »

Hi Joolz, aren't these cars just awesome to look at? I'm often caught just admiring mine when I've just washed it or done some mod or other. Mine is a 2.0 Auto and I love it to bits a great car. Enjoy it mate. :D
"Knowledge and experience are not always the same"
Sailorbaz

M roadster S50

Post by Sailorbaz »

Welcome to the Forum mate and good luck with your new Roadster. I've owned mine since 2000 but have yet to drive it... another story. I hope to remedy that next time home in 2 weeks.

...also, 1 1/2 hours to drink a glass of red wine??? :head:

:lol: