Hi, Newbie

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Hi, Newbie

Post by windym »

Hi guys, just joined so saying hello and introducing my Zed 3 1.9i

my first Zed and so far very happy with it, going for a service and check over tomorrow so fingers crossed. I guess I will be polishing the arse out of it and doing a few subtle mods in the future.

Andy
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Hi, Newbie

Post by Brian4 »

Hi an d welcome from Leicestershire. Nice looking car you have there, looks as if you have caught the bug already. Keep in touch and ask any questions and we will try to answer them.
Keep an eye on @check your diary' area for any meet ups you may be interested in.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Robz3sport

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Robz3sport »

Lovely car there, you'll be glad you joined this forum, I've had some great advice as I'm new to z3s myself. By the way, what size are those wheels and tyres? I've seen a set like them but not sure if they'll fit.
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by windym »

Hi, 16,s and 245 I believe.

Andy
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Hi & welcome - looks like a nice condition car

PS For top down driving (and as you have factory roll hoops) one of these is a great asset - assuming you don't have one already :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-WIND-D ... 2a57bb69b3
Robz3sport

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Robz3sport »

windym wrote:Hi, 16,s and 245 I believe.

Andy
They look good.
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by windym »

Hi thanks, yup I have one, just being a bit of a tart and took it off.

Andy
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by windym »

Just one question, it has vinyl seats and door cards, was this a factory spec or added later?

Andy
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

windym wrote:Just one question, it has vinyl seats and door cards, was this a factory spec or added later?

Andy
Hi Andy,

Pop the last 7 digits of your VIN in the site below and it will tell you all sorts about your car :thumb:

http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

Enjoy and Welcome
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Hi Andy... welcome to the forum. Seems you've found a really nice car. Looks to be in great condition... :wave
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by windym »

Hi thanks guys for the welcome and info, it appears the car came with synthetic leather seats so not a re-cover like I originally thought.
So heres a thing do I re-cover in leather or just buy new leather seats and sell the ones on it at the mo? Also price wise what would my seats be worth?

cheers Andy
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Leather seats are fairly reasonable. If you contact Andy aka "Spurs fan in a coupe", he will surely sort you out. Andy regularly strips Z3's for spares and will likely be a good contact for anything else you may want. If you sell your existing seats it will offset the cost of the leather replacements making it a heap cheaper than re-upholstery. :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
windym

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by windym »

Hi, well got my car back from the mechanic,s had to have the hand brake shoes and housing cleaned plus a full service. The mech went over it and no problems, no rust no play in any joints, slight blow in the exhaust which is original so will have that done later this year. So all in all very happy resisted the urge to polish it again so went for a ride top down lovely.

Andy