Just bought a Z3

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage

Moderator: Gazza

boustrophedon

Z3 roadster 2.0

Just bought a Z3

Post by boustrophedon » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 21:27

Hi, I'm Don, I post as Boustrophedon in lots of places 'cos I go back and forth a lot. I am the proud owner of a T reg Z3 2.0. I have fixed the usual fault with the springs and the little bits of string on the headlining. Next job is to service the door mirrors, which seem to move when I am not driving and have to be readjusted every time I get in the car. The offside one seems to have a stripped gear as its movement is far from smooth.

I have been a long time kit car owner, Marlin Roadster, but got fed up with 40 year old BL mechanicals and oil pissing on the azaleas. I am also a little past hoiking engines out, changing rear axles, refurbing gearboxes and making complete wiring harnesses. Bloody thing is still sitting unmoved in the garage, time for a change I thought. I shall be sad to see it go, but at the moment I am enjoying a heater and a power hood.

Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Just bought a Z3

Post by Del » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 22:26

Hi & welcome Don. Nice tough little engine the 2.0 with the nice BMW 6-cylinder exhaust note. :)

Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Just bought a Z3

Post by Bonzo » Mon 05 Oct, 2015 23:33

You've great taste indeed to choose a beige interior, it shows you are a man of class with impeccable discernment for the finer things in life....... Much like myself! :lol:
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.