New owner in Harrogate

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
RoadsterFan

Z3 roadster 2.8

New owner in Harrogate

Post by RoadsterFan »

Hi!
Based in Harrogate, North Yorks and Adalucia Spain,I am now the proud owner of a '99 2.8 Roadster in Titan Silver. Lots of work to get the old girl sorted, lots of clunks and a serious case of tram lining and shimmying!

Will be fitting new shocks, springs, and replacing all of the bushes, followed by new pads, discs and braided hoses with a fluid swap. Then it will be some nice new proper oil in the engine, box and diff.

Hopefully I will be able to call on some of you for pearls of wisdom?!
Beemer Man

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New owner in Harrogate

Post by Beemer Man »

Hi RoadsterFan,

Small world-I live in Harrogate too and have had my 2000 2.8 in Steel Grey for almost five years. When I bought it, it had 65K (now 85K) and FSH but immediately I had to attend to all the things you propose doing to yours-and more since (copper brake pipes; ABS wheel sensor; calipers (lack of use?); etc.). There is an excellent Independent, Tony Swain at Intune, Camwal Road, Starbeck with BMW dealer level software who looks after the Z3 as well as my 5-Series.

PM me and perhaps we can compare notes.

Beemer Man.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Welcome to .net. You sound pretty clued up, but if you need any tech advice, just ask away! Any pics of your steed?

:cheers

Bonzo.
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
RoadsterFan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RoadsterFan »

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I look forward to many years of fruitful conversations!