TT impressed

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Runroadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

TT impressed

Post by Runroadster »

Drove the TT Quatro today really impressed with the solid sure footed feel of it, but it just didn't push me back into the seat like the z does and the sound of the straight six purring away just wasn't there.
Although I like the TT I would'nt swap the Z for one.
The beautiful thing about learning, is no one can take it away from you. Tony & Reet.
Kipper

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kipper »

I had the TT on my hit list before I bought the Zed. Much to reccommend it, looks great & fab interior but horror stories about electrics and ultimitley no substitute for 3 litre straight six.

Also driven by bankers.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Nice car, but it's not a Zed - and as Kipper mentioned they have scary electrical issues. Nuff said.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
risquenun

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by risquenun »

Having once bought a 2.8 audi A4 quattro new (the most unreliable car I ever owned) and having had nothing but problems from day one until I sold it (following a camshaft snapping through metal fatique) I wouldn't ever darken the doors of a VAg showroom again. By the way a cylinder head for a 2.8 was £2500 plus fitting :bawl:
This Orinoco doesn't Womble.
Runroadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Tt

Post by Runroadster »

Thanks for the input guys.
Well that lays any desires I might have had to rest, I have had next to no trouble with the Z. Every time I drive it I fall in Love again. Not sure whether to send Z flowers today or the wife. :lol:
The beautiful thing about learning, is no one can take it away from you. Tony & Reet.
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

In addition to the sweet straight six of the Zed, there's the good looks, compared to the boring jelly mould shape of the TT.
I am surprised to learn of Audi's as unreliable though. Up until now I'd thought they were quality motors.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

My mate's got a 225 bhp 1.8 Turbo TT and I have to say I'm very impressed with it's performance and interior. Not sure about long term problems but he's not had any issues, though the car is just about 3 years old!

The only criticism I have is that its a bit bland driving it, much prefer rear wheel drive fun with the Zed!
Mods:
ECU Remap - Chipped UK
Angel Lights - Chromeline Design
E-Tech Strut Bar
///M Polished Aluminium Pedal Set
///M Silver Oil Filler Cap
Boot Spoiler
BMW Hardtop
BMW Chrome Tyre Valve Caps
Sony Headunit
BMW Williams F1 Tax Disc Holder
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

BimBeema wrote:My mate's got a 225 bhp 1.8 Turbo TT and I have to say I'm very impressed with it's performance and interior. Not sure about long term problems but he's not had any issues, though the car is just about 3 years old!
The only criticism I have is that its a bit bland driving it, much prefer rear wheel drive fun with the Zed!
I guess you mean the basic 2WD 1.8T coupe. If it's bland to drive & has reliability issues, one might as well buy a Seat or Octavia for not much more than half the price yet with the same turbo 1.8 VW engine + two extra doors for free.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

I didn't say there was any reliability issues, just said its a bit bland to drive! I'm very impressed with his car but wouldn't swap it for my Zed!
Mods:
ECU Remap - Chipped UK
Angel Lights - Chromeline Design
E-Tech Strut Bar
///M Polished Aluminium Pedal Set
///M Silver Oil Filler Cap
Boot Spoiler
BMW Hardtop
BMW Chrome Tyre Valve Caps
Sony Headunit
BMW Williams F1 Tax Disc Holder
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Bim
I was refering to other refs to Audi reliabilty earlier in this thread.
RIASY

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by RIASY »

I had a TT 225 BHP prior to owning my current Z (2.8). I probably would still have it if I hadn't written it off last summer :cry: I can't fault the plusher finish of the TT or the extremely sure drive (and looks aren't bad at all), but the Z is a totally different and much more involving drive, I think 'fun' is the word. I guess it just depends on what you are after - modern looks and a predictable drive or traditional looks and a fun drive.

i would be interested to see how the 3.2 V6 TT compares to a Z as I think the fact that all other TT's are turbo has a negative impact on the overall TT experience.
risquenun

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by risquenun »

I suppose that there will always be a 'Friday night car', but my car was a special order which cost me £37,500 in 1997. It came supplied with the wrong hanbook (took 12 months to get the correct one after Audi initially denied that a handbook had been produced for my car -one of the first tiptronics. The real reason was that the handbook covered the S4 version which was launched a couple of weeks after my car was delivered and therefore still secret). Within 2 weeks the climate control had to be replaced. 3 pieces of interior trim unbelievabley had the finish peel off. All 5 wheels were replaced because the paint bubbled off. Every 4 months or go the car would fail to start (requiring recovery) and the dealers and audi never resolved that issue in the 3 1/2 years I owned the car. Running out of fuel because of a faulty fuel guage and computer wasn't too clever either. Audi's customer relations were non existant and I was so pleased to revert to a Merecedes again after the engine died.
I'm afraid that I regard Audi now as nothing more than a glorified VW. I also owned a VW Polo bought 3 months earlier from the same dealer and that car never saw the garage apart from servicing.
This Orinoco doesn't Womble.
321bhp

Not specified

hi

Post by 321bhp »

i drove a 225bhp ,a while back,i did like the styling and overall drive of it etc,but im a little short 5/5 and when i was just sitting in the top of the drivers door,where youd lean your arm on,was up to my neck,i felt very low down in it otherwise nice car