Service history

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Renaud

M roadster S54

Service history

Post by Renaud »

Hello All,

Would any of you know if BMW Corp keep a record of service history anywhere, if they do any idea how to get access to it?

The reason for the question is this, my service booklet has a stamp missing for the running in check, but has a loose BMW print out for a service at 14K miles stating "service book missing". So I'm guessing that there was a similar bit of paper for the running in check, but this had been lost.

I did try and contact the supplying dealer, but their records only go back 7 years, so no luck.

Any idea if and how i Can find out from BMW if this running in check was ever carried out?

Many thanks

R
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Service history

Post by huntert »

Any BMW dealer can tell you as long as it was after records were computerised...if its been done they will stamp the book (this is only if it was done at a BMW main dealer)
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Renaud, you have PM.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
huntert

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by huntert »

Would be good if we could find out for free though...............
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

huntert wrote:Any BMW dealer can tell you as long as it was after records were computerised...if its been done they will stamp the book (this is only if it was done at a BMW main dealer)
I'm not 100% sure of this. To get the service history, I think you need to know the dealership it was serviced at. Sytner's Sheffield may be able to access Sytner's Nottingham, but I don't think they can access Soper's Lincoln.

If I'm wrong about servicing history and that you can get the info, then it is the repairs to the vehicle outside of servicing that can't be accessed.
Pingu
Renaud

M roadster S54

Post by Renaud »

Thanks Chaps,

I did try the main dealer who supplied the vehicle when new, but they only had records going back 6 or 7 years, as they had had systems changes and change of ownership prior to that time.

I also contacted BMW UK and Germany, but both said that they don't keep records of servicing in any sort of central repository, thats left at a dealer level. So it looks like I will just have to accept that I won't be able to prove or disprove that my car did have its initial inspection service.

I did however find out that the car was first owned by a footballers wife, so I have tried contacting them via social media. It s a long shot, but I thouhgt it worth a try!

Rgds

R
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

Renaud wrote: I did however find out that the car was first owned by a footballers wife
OMG :shock:
Pingu