PayPal Scam

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
PFL969

M roadster S50

PayPal Scam

Post by PFL969 »

So I've just received an email from someone who is offering me £x k for my Porsche Cayenne Turbo WITHOUT even looking at it. The usual chat for this scam is that they are living offshore and they can't view the car but their 'agent' will pick up the car on their behalf when you send through a request for payment through Paypal. This happened to me today and I just wanted to out it out there to be wary......this is a paypal community link as to the general chat for this a scam
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sen ... uage=en-gb
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: PayPal Scam

Post by Southernboy »

.....Not a PayPal scam....a scammer using PayPal in an attempt to sucker someone... a simple solution is to reply and state that you will not release the goods until the funds are cleared into your account and verified by PayPal... that'll generally encourage the scammer to look elsewhere, and suggest that you're onto him...
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

I had the same message last year over a private registration plate I Was selling. Wanted to involve an agent and send money through standard chartered. After telling him I didn't want to know I got threats from them and alsorts of abuse! I google earthed the address he gave me and it was a lovely shanty town in Nigeria! Two weeks later my bank account was hacked for £110, my bank picked up on it before I did and stopped all transactions. It turned out they'd got into it via PayPal as this is linked to that account. I leave no money in that account and just transfer the correct amount if I'm buying from eBay etc. :head:

Cheers Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
PFL969

M roadster S50

Post by PFL969 »

A question of semantics? Anyhow, the story ends with them
asking you to forward money to them (usually by Western Union transfer), so I've asked him to transfer the money to me by Western Union...., pretty certain I won't hear from him again!