Anyone Else took advantage?

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Anyone Else took advantage?

Post by Davejue1 »

Managed to get out this afternoon for a couple of hours of roof down Zedding. Drove across to Newark to check the lorry park out for meeting on the air museum trip then onto the show ground where the museum is to see some friends of the "good lady's" who were competing in a horse show. Lovely to get some proper weather to enjoy the Zed in!
On a slightly different angle, I have a 2.8,after filling up last weekend I've done 255 miles and the needles sat just into the red. Seems good enough to me, just wondering what others are achieving? :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
Trevsky

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Anyone Else took advantage?

Post by Trevsky »

Sod all, had to work, bah! :bawl:
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

Was out on Friday along the "Military Road" (A6318) which runs roughly from Newcastle to Carlisle. Several detours taken and had the roof down for about 6 hours although it was a bit chilly by the time we got home.
Davejue1 wrote: On a slightly different angle, I have a 2.8,after filling up last weekend I've done 255 miles and the needles sat just into the red. Seems good enough to me, just wondering what others are achieving? :)
Using regular unleaded we got 30mpg on the above trip. A couple of weeks ago we did a 400 mile round trip from near Durham to the Midlands and back and the roof was down through the Peak District.... then it began to rain :( . I did an experiment for this trip using premium unleaded and the overall result was 32 mpg. I judged the driving conditions to be broadly similar and allowing for the higher cost of the premium fuel the cost per mile was virtually the same. I used Shell V-power and BP Advanced not supermarket own brand.
I am sure there will be some who say forget the MPG it's all about the smiles, OK... live and let live...my interest was if the premium fuel actually was more expensive to use and allowing for the 8p/litre price difference the cost per mile is pretty much the same. Bit of a crude experiment but it seems to balance.

What are other forum members thoughts on the benefits of Premium fuels compared to the regular stuff?
Davejue1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Davejue1 »

Thanks for the info. I refuse point blank to pay the extra. I always buy supermarket fuel for my Zed and my everyday car which is a Saab diesel. Never found an issue with either running on the cheaper alternatives. There's a fuel station near us that sell a dearer form of diesel at £1.49 a litre!!! No thanks!!! :)

Cheers
Dave

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!"
roadvoyager1

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by roadvoyager1 »

Agree with you on the diesel, the cheaper the better. That's what our every day drivers get.

The idea of my little experiment was to check if one actually would pay "extra" for the premium fuel and however crude it was it looks as if there may not be an extra to pay! :)
Bi11

M roadster S54

Post by Bi11 »

2 hour drive to the Morgan factory for a pistonheads meet, look around the factory, admired a few cars, then 2 hours back again. Only downside was it was mainly motorway. Filled up last night and have driven about 230 miles - the fuel light is about to hit the red soon!