Angel Eyes Fitted!!!!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Angel Eyes Fitted!!!!

Post by shabsbmw »

Hi All,

Finaly got round to having my Angel Eyes done, these were supplied and fitted by Ben (chromeline-design), who is a member on this site.....

I will get some better pics....as it needs to be a bit darker to get the full effect.

Shabs...... :wink: :wink:
Magnetic force
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

OOOOOOOOOH, very nice :wink: :wink:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Thanks Gazza,

They make the car look sooo much better

Shabs...... :wink: :wink:
Magnetic force
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

They look fab Shabs :D

I quite fancy getting mine done sometime :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Cheers P,

They are worth getting, at night they look amazing.......
Go on treat yourself...

Shabs..... :wink:
Magnetic force
JAY
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by JAY »

Very nice!

I bumped into Ben today at Combe. He certainley does a good job
cleomantra

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cleomantra »

I like that from where and how much :D :D :D
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

cleomantra wrote:I like that from where and how much :D :D :D
Hiya,

Ben is a member on here, you have to go to him to get them fitted, he is near Birmingham.
I paid £260 all in.....I will PM you his details if you want?

Shabs......
Magnetic force
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Shabs, they really suit that colour, but don't drive round all day with sidies on will you (like I see a lot of 5'ers doing) to show off their eye's ;)
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

That's what they are for Stu :wink:

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Straight_Six

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Straight_Six »

awesome shabs! im deffo getting this done on mine!

funny you should mention that stu as i see a new 3 series coupe riding round all times of the day with his sidelights on, and the eyes look incredible on that!

Lee
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

garythefish wrote:That's what they are for Stu :wink:

Gazza.
Your correct there.... Gazza, and those same drivers usually have their Foglights on permanently and never move out of lane three when on a motorway :roll:

garyw
sanchez

M roadster S50

Post by sanchez »

shabsbmw wrote:
cleomantra wrote:I like that from where and how much :D :D :D
Hiya,

Ben is a member on here, you have to go to him to get them fitted, he is near Birmingham.
I paid £260 all in.....I will PM you his details if you want?

Shabs......
Im really wanting to get this done, but am in scotland and Birmingham is a bit far!!!
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Very very nice - even though I've had mine for ages now - (in fact I think I was one of the first couple of people on the forum to get them and probably the first that Ben did) - I still can't get enough of how good they look! They make the Zed look oh so mean, kinda as if the Zed was made to have angel eyes!
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

sanchez wrote:
Im really wanting to get this done, but am in scotland and Birmingham is a bit far!!!
You have a couple of other options:

1) I think Ben also does a courier service, where if you want/can do without your headlights for a few days, you can take them off and courier it to him, he fits and courier's it back! you'll have to pay the courier charge though and you will also need to run the wiring for its power!

2) You can also pay for Ben's petrol and he will come to you!

Either way, Ben's a top bloke and I'm sure he can sort something out for you!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I agree Sam, I've had mine since October. I use them all the time :D

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
iball

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by iball »

Very nice indeed, I really like them. Definitely suit the car.
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

RED has a set of angels fitted by Ben....definitely one of the smartest cosmetic mods you can do for the Zed. They look fab.

The ones he fits are much whiter than the standard ones you see on other beemers, which looks stunning, but it does mean that your other bulbs look dirty yellow in comparision.
So to get a better match, you then have to upgrade your bulbs or even go for the HID conversion as I did. Ben can advise you on this.

A.
trickyb

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by trickyb »

I've been tempted by this mod ever since joining the forum - it's not the price or the travelling to see Ben, i've just always been concerned by two little things... anyone.

1/ Do the eyes interfere with the headlight beam, reduce it or change the angle re MOT? I know the colour's different, we've been there, but surely the headlight beam is reduce d by 15mm all round, right?

2/ What about any condensation problames after the headlight is resealed? Is Ben now so good that this has been prevented?

If you're reading this, Ben, sorry to talk about you in the third person, btu as we haven't met (yet) thought it'd be rude not to.

Thanks

Richard
I spent most of my money on whisky, women and Z3's. The rest I just wasted.

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

trickyb wrote:I've been tempted by this mod ever since joining the forum - it's not the price or the travelling to see Ben, i've just always been concerned by two little things... anyone.

1/ Do the eyes interfere with the headlight beam, reduce it or change the angle re MOT? I know the colour's different, we've been there, but surely the headlight beam is reduce d by 15mm all round, right?

2/ What about any condensation problames after the headlight is resealed? Is Ben now so good that this has been prevented?

If you're reading this, Ben, sorry to talk about you in the third person, btu as we haven't met (yet) thought it'd be rude not to.

Thanks

Richard
Mine's been through 2 MOT's since I've had them fitted without a single problem - and also no problems with condensation either!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Hi Richard.

No problems for me either. As Alfie said, one of the best cosmetic mods going IMO

Gazza.
Last edited by Gazza on Mon 23 Apr, 2007 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza

ImageImage
///M Breadvan

M coupe S52

Post by ///M Breadvan »

I have my angels done by Ben @Chromeline and have nothing but praise for him. Mine were done in Jan 07 and although I had a problem with one side (dodgy connector i think) Ben bent over backwards to get them sorted. Replaced both angels (on one side) and redid the wiring. I have had no futher problems and am loving them. I deffo recomend getting the HID headlight conversion at the same time as this is a massive improvement in the amount of light thats given out over the std headlights. Also the others look very yellow in comparison. I had the hyperwhite sidelight bulbs (in the bumper) fitted so they didnt look yellow but when Ben was sorting the wiring issue I asked him to disable the sidelights and now i think it looks much better. Just the angels light up with the sidelights which makes the car look alot newer. I was never a fan of the std sidelights as I thought i really dated the car.

Can deffo recomend Bens work and he makes a good cup of tea while you wait. :wink:

Would get some photos uploaded but the file size is too large and i dont know how to reduce it :oops: Hopefullly my computer literate brother will be able to help me here.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Looking really great there, Shabs. Set the Zed off beautifully while adding a menacing dimension. Ben really does a good job. :P
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Thanks all, some really nice coments given.....
Ben is great and does a fantastic job...

Shabs......... :wink: :wink:
Magnetic force
shiraz3

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by shiraz3 »

Hey I really think the angels look great and really update a classic car!!
Was wandering if you do not mind sending me Bens details?
really interested... by the way how long does it take for it to get done

thanks
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Here you go.................2 -3 hours to fit.

http://www.chromeline-design.com

Gazza.
Gazza

ImageImage
Chromeline Design

BMW convertible

Post by Chromeline Design »

I thought my ears were burning!!!

Looking great Shabs :wink:

Many thanks for the kind words from all the people who've had these fitted.

I did a member called leelee's car on this forum first about 18 months ago.

Then Jay and BimBimmer, mrtim, rob the bruce etc, so far I've done around 30 zeds of this forum and Z3Mcoupe.net

Its quite a tricky little job do, but I'm getting quicker at it nowadays.

I do offer full warranty on them and if they should unfortunately fail, I will go out of my way to get them working again.

I genuinely enjoy working on these cars as the results are always amazing, as Sam said, the Zed was born to have these angel eyes, they compliment the front end so well.

I have lots of angel eyes in stock, and at the moment I also have a lot of HID conversions kits in stock too.

Please PM me for pricing details or to book an appointment, fitting usually takes between 3 and 4 hours, I'm based in Redditch, south of Birmingham, but can do mobile fitting on Saturdays (booked well in advance), but my time is quite expensive, and my car returns around 19mpg, so the fuel bill isn't cheap either.

Thanks fo your time, please fire away with any more questions.

Ben.
0870 774 0168.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Chromeline Design wrote:
Its quite a tricky little job do, but I'm getting quicker at it nowadays.
I should hope so after 30! It did take you a full day to fit mine though! :D
takedown8

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by takedown8 »

Your zed looks bad-ass.
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

takedown8 wrote:Your zed looks bad-ass.
Cheers mate

It has the mean look......."GET OUT OF MY WAY" look

Shabs....... :wink:
Magnetic force
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

///M Breadvan wrote:Would get some photos uploaded but the file size is too large and i dont know how to reduce it :oops: Hopefullly my computer literate brother will be able to help me here.
Google "xp powertoys" there is one called "image resizer" (sic) from microsoft that allows you to right click and resize images.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
erdnase

Z4 roadster 2.5i

Post by erdnase »

I've always wanted angel eyes, but unfortunately live in Scotland too. I'm sure there must be a few more Scots wanting the same, so maybe something could be organized regarding a group fit - to save time/petrol on having to travel up to Scotland.

Any other Scots thinking of getting them fitted?