Finally a proper hello and some pics :-)

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Finally a proper hello and some pics :-)

Post by Rob13 »

Hi there

Thought I would finally say a proper hello and post some pics of my car – I have already made a few posts and have found the site a great source of information and entertainment!

Thanks to people like Mike Fishwick, Justin Time and others with their ‘how to’s’ and pointers, they are a big help/money saver/confidence booster if you think you are going to mess something up!

I sold my MR2 and have had the 2.8 just over a month – It is finally how I want it for now…

Cosmetic changes:
18” Alpina 2 style wheels,Avon ZZ3 tyres
Apline headunit, 30gig iPod and Infinity 6.5” components
Stubby ‘M’ cup leather gear knob
Clear side repeaters, Clear/Red tail lights, Xenon or chrome bulbs all round
Front amber lenses remover, Chrome tail pipe trims.

Maintenance:
Both seat bushings replacing (fore/aft movement when braking/accelerating)
Viscous fan coupling (fan was constantly engaged)
Rear top suspension mounts replaced (knocking over even minor bumps)

Here are some pics taken after a friend and myself spent over three hours foaming, washing, clay barring and finally waxing! ....hes also a bit of a photoshop whizz.....

Last edited by Rob13 on Tue 01 Jul, 2008 20:57, edited 7 times in total.
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
Cloz

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Cloz »

Black and white pics.......WOW :thumb:

Cloz
partybish

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by partybish »

Loving the artistic shots you've done there! That looks like a very clean car and I like your choice of rims. :thumb: Can you tell me where you got the shorter gearknob from - I'm currently looking to change mine?
'99 Z3 2.8 Topaz Blue, M-Spec Interior...
daverave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by daverave »

Great photos ( my fav. is the second one down) and a great car Rob. Just one question. How much did you have to pay to get the car park cleared :lol:
Will keep an eye out for you as I work in Belmont (big blue building on the bridge ).
ImageImage
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Thanks guys :-)

The gear knob is about an inch shorter than the STD leather M - it is BMW P/N B25.11.7.896.031 - or thats what the invoice says. Was £42.99 with P&P from Cotswold BMW - they sell direct over the phone or off ebay - where I found it...
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

Really loving that!
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Very nice Rob, fantastic photo's.

Regarding the front indicator mod did you just remove the amber lens and fit the chrome indicator bulbs leaving just the reflector rather than fitting a clear lens. Any chance of a closer pic of the headlights as I might do this mod myself dependinh how it looks.
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
srvz3

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by srvz3 »

well i have to say that looks gorgeous.
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Hi Aceman - yes - its just the lense removed and the chrome bulb - a good mod for the price! It suits my car as the spots are also 'crystal' as opposed to a diffused lense (not sure if that is std) so indicators match them. Pic added as requested....
ImageImage
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

nice pics and a shiney car :zmurf:
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
ShinyDave

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by ShinyDave »

Very nice - wheels look great.

Great pics - is your friend available for Z3 glamour shoots? :D
2002 3.0 Sport in Sterling Grey with full red/black leather

CMullins

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by CMullins »

Very nice, the photography is first class!
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Looks fab and with those wheels very much like Stu's :wink:
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

You have put some serious effort in to get the z looking so mint in just over a month.
What make of car shampoo do you use to give all that foam as judging by the finnish you have achieved it works wonders.
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

Wow. Photos 4, 5 and 6 are just beautiful. What camera, lense etc are you using?

Wow! Just wow! :P

Conor
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

Hi

Thanks :D - A friend took them but he says it was the good model he was working with!

He used a Canon EOS 30 D with the wide angle shots being a 10-20mm Sigma lense and the others an EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS USM. SW was Photoshop CS2.

The parking garage turned out to be a great location with the differences in lighting from the open top floor to being able to park under the florescents on the lower levels.
ImageImage
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

For the washing and detailing it was:

Foamed with an AB lance and elite foam
Washed with Meguires NXT shampoo wash & 2 buckets
Clayed with Meguires clay kit and then waxed with AutoGlym high definition wax.

The paint really is mirror smooth now due to the clay barring - it was the first time I have done that and was very happy with the results - with a bit of time and effort every single black dot and mark is removed so apart from stone chips the paint is now like new :D
ImageImage