Jonttt Imola II Red S54 Z3m Roadster Journal

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Emek

M roadster S50

Post by Emek »

Nice steering wheel, this one is also nice (but not AcS)
& this one also:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Storm Motorwerks V1 Titanium Gear Stick

Post by Jonttt »

Whilst I was at the recent BMW festival at Gaydon one of the trade stands had a colleciton of Storm Motorwerks gear sticks on display.

I had always preferred leather sticks but liked the AC Schnitzer Blacklines and so was happy with my current "collection". But this was the first time I had had chance to actually touch/feel the quality and weight of the Storm Motorwerks offering. The one that attracted my attention was a V1 special edition Titanium version with BMW ///M 5 speed gearing etched on the top. I pondered getting one there and then but managed to convince myself to stick with the Schnitzer one fitted.

But it kep eating away at me the quality of the product, the fact the titanium verison would matched perfectly with the S54's grey dials and I was intrigued what difference such a heavy stick would really make........ so I ordered one :D

I took delivery a week or so ago but only had chance to drive the car today.......... wow my new favourite gear stick by a mile. I cannot believe what a difference it makes to the feel of the gearchange, love it!

I've got a full days driving planned for tomorrow around the Evo triangle and Snowdon so will give me a chance to get the yellowstuff pads bedded in properly.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what difference the new pads and gear stick make on a long "spirited" drive.

STORM MOTORWERKS

nb the Titanium version is not listed on the website.
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Ac Schnitzer rear ///M badge

Post by Jonttt »

Something I had been trying to source for months without success was an AC Schnitzer "Drivers Collections" rear badge.

I already have a front fitted as they are easy to source being a common fitment for many models.

However, the rear of the Z3m's does not take the standard Z3 rear badge due to differences in the ///M's boot. The badge is taken from the BMW parts bin in e30 fitment which has proved impossible to source in AC Schnitzer guise.

So I ended up going stright to the suppliers and getting one custom made.

Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi Jontt
Loving the progress as always and that custome made badge is spot on.

Look forward to the next set of mods???

Regards
Orinoco
Malcolm E Zed

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Malcolm E Zed »

Enjoy the Evo Triangle.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Good choice, The storm knob really is great :) i had second thoughts about loosing my OEM illuminated gearstick but the quality and difference in gearchange makes it an easy winner 8-)
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Springer

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Springer »

Hi Jontt,
Did I see you in betws y Coed about 12.40pm today?. I was parked up in Cotswold car park and just a glimpse of a Red Zed going towards the Waterloo Bridge. It was a beautiful day we had a run from conwy to Betws, Beddgelert, Nantle Valley and on to Nefyn then back to Conwy along the coast. One of the joys of living in N Wales. I was in my Topaz Blue 2.0lt. :drive.
Must learn to add pics I took some nice ones today of Z with Snowdon in the background, blue skys and sunshine,great.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Looks great Jon, will have to give the Storm a whirl and compare with the ACS, I still like the look of the ACS over it though 8-)

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

North Wales Run

Post by Jonttt »

Yep that was me :drive

I decided to take the day off work today to take advantage of the great late summer weather before winter sets in and had one of my best pure road driving days ever :D

The car was a pure pleasure to drive, the yellowstuff pads recently fitted have hit the mark perfectly, I can now judge the braking points with a lot more confidence and let the car balance itself in the bends without fear of brake fade. The new Storm Motorwerks gear stick was the icing on the cake and will be staying on the car for a long long time :thumb:

What made it a great driving day?: great car that was a pleasure to drive hard for 6 hours solid, great driving roads with light traffic and plenty of safe overtaking points and the fact I had both the Horseshoe pass and the Evo Triangle to myself. In fact I spent five minutes taking photos at the top of the Horseshoe pass, stood in the middle of the road and not one car passed me!. Then to top it off I did 2 full laps of the Evo triangle without seeing another car :shock: PERFECT you could not buy it!

The route took me through the Horseshoe Pass, Evo Triangle, Betws-y-Coed, Conway, Llandudno and around Snowdonia, 350 miles of driving pleasure.

A few pics from the top of the Horseshoe Pass:

shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

loving the shoes :) they suit it so well!
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Springer

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Springer »

:D I thought it might be you,having read your message of yesterday.
It was a great day for a drive, so little traffic on the roads we enjoyed ourselves also, good this retirerment :sunny
Last edited by Springer on Thu 02 Sep, 2010 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

what did you make of the evo?
i luverd it..... :shock:
the badness makes me do it...!

Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

swamper wrote:what did you make of the evo?
Fantastic road, so good I did it twice :D

It really is a road you need to build a rythm on to get the best out of it to carry your speed from one bend to another, get one wrong and the whole series suffers. I can see why the test drivers love it as with familiarity you really could push a car to the max. oh and the sound of the eisenmanns through the forest sections :twisted:

I wish I had time to get to know it better (reverse etc...) and I doubt I'll ever do it with a clear road again :head:
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Could someone post a map up of where this EVO triangle is.

Cheers
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
maurice the martian

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by maurice the martian »

Great pics Jontt,you certainly picked the right day.Had my yellow stuff pads fitted yesterday,Need to bed them in now so me and mrs M will be having the day up there tomorrow.Just hope the day trippers dont get in the way. Aceman its just off the A5 about 8mls east of betwse-y-coed,up the A543 then down the B4501.
Cheers Maurice.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

There you go Aceman a bit more info about the route enjoy.

Image[/url]
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
aceman

M roadster S50

Post by aceman »

Thanks guys :)
Aceman

Arctic Silver '98 Z3M

Previously;
Bright RED '99 Z3 2.8

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Zed Goes in Winter Hibernation

Post by Jonttt »

Well due to a few factors:

- renting the house out were I had been storing the car
- holiday
- 3 month old baby
- end of summer approaching

The Zed has gone into winter hibernation today.

I have no off road parking were I am currently living :head: but my mothers next door neighbour has kindly let me use his garage to store the car :D

so at lunchtime it was prepped for 5/6 months of storage (I keep things simple: tyres additional inflation, full tank petrol, battery removed, Thatcham steering lock fitted, indoor cover fitted and tax disc removed for SORN).

It was quite emotional, I've not driven a lot of miles this year in it but have some great memories (highlight being 2 clear laps of the Evo triangle not so long ago :drive )

Roll on next March................

This is what I remember for the next 6 months

TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Ahhh never mind Jon, time will soon pass :lol:

Last year mine was tucked away from Nov-March, just left it on the trickle charger with the handbrake off and that was about it and all was fine. Didn't bother over inflating the tyres.

A few more weeks left for me, then will fill him up, give him a good wax and hook up to the charger. I do give the engine bay a light spray with WD40 to keep any damp at bay. Have thought of a cover but the worst is a fine layer of dust :lol: I usually like to fire the engine up at x-mas and run up and down the drive a few times and then leave to warm thorugh with the heater on for a while :lol: Next time is beginning of March.

Tim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Yep I will probably turn the engine over for a bit over the xmas break :rtm:
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

Jonttt wrote:
swamper wrote:what did you make of the evo?
Fantastic road, so good I did it twice :D

It really is a road you need to build a rythm on to get the best out of it to carry your speed from one bend to another, get one wrong and the whole series suffers. I can see why the test drivers love it as with familiarity you really could push a car to the max. oh and the sound of the eisenmanns through the forest sections :twisted:

I wish I had time to get to know it better (reverse etc...) and I doubt I'll ever do it with a clear road again :head:
Welcome to Wales.... I complete this route summer and winter. the scenery around Snowdon during the winter is breathtaking...
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Going into hiding already!!

I wish my Z could have that luxury, she'll be bumbling to work everyday until i find a flat with a garage :(
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Even though my car is in winter storage it does not stop me treating it with goodies for next year :D

I took delivery of a carbon fibre S54 engine cover...........

shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I've seen these on a few cars, very interested myself! How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Make sure you get some pics up when it's fitted!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Was £100 delivered off eBay

Item number 190306304499 (they still have 2 for sale)

I had raised a case against them as had not heard anything from them after 3 weeks (I actually forgot I'd ordered it :roll: ) but they emailed me today apologising blaming a now "ex" employee who had locked their eBay account. When I got home the item had been delivered.

Seller is http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/vvvvvv-japmagic-om/ (for reference after auctions have ended)

So I just need an ///M badge for it to match the original but won't get the chance to fit it until next easter :bawl:
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Cheers Jon I'll see how you get on and go from there. Are there dents/ripples in it or is it weird light reflections?
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Well I had to get something Zed related for christmas......

When my mother did her usual "I don't know what to get you for christmas, here's some money, get what you want :D " I visited Rossitors website (http://www.rossiters.net) and picked up an AC Schnitzer wind jacket.

A Soft Shell wind proof and water repellent stylish active jacket with AC Schnitzer logo.

Made from 100% bonded elastic polyester and micro fleece with PU laminate.
It has two side pockets, one inside pocket and one sleeve pocket, all with zips. The cuffs are adjustable with Velcro strap and there is a drawstring at hem.

WAS £81.96
NOW £69.99

I have to say its great quality and much to SWMBO dismay I may find myself wearing it a lot 8-)
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Good stuff Jon, I ordered one of these jackets this morning as noticed the price has dropped, how spooky :lol:

Tim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

After 12 months of should I / shouldn't I, I've just ordered genuine AC Schnitzer front flippers for the Z.

The big thing that had put me off was the price from the official AC Schnitzer agents of c£360 + delivery (now £370 with the VAT increase)

But I really wanted the "deeper" look these add to the ///M front bumper which IMHO is not deep enough (the sport bumpers are deeper and look better for it)

I had looked at "copies" but was worried about fit and I guess did not realy want to "cheat" by fitting non genuine parts to what is otherwise a genuine Schnitzer car. Plus even the copies being quoted where not cheap enough to make it worthwhile for me.

So I had decided over christmas to order a set from Rossitors (offical Schnitzer UK agent) but forgot to do it in the christmas festivities :roll:

I then thought I had missed the boat with the raise in VAT to 20% yesturday and was kicking myself but still nearly phoned up to order them yesturday.

So when I found out today that CA Automotive are doing them on a "special" for £290 delivered next day from stock I couldn't believe my luck (still not cheap but saved me quite a bit). I got the last one they had :D

Now I've bitten the bullet I'm all excited and hopefully they will balance out the front end of the car better.
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

They will look great Jon and I agree will finish off the front end nicely. yes they may be expensive but they are quality and you can rest assured will fit perfectly :wink:

This would have been my next mod if I were not looking at selling mine in the spring

Look forward to seeing pic's when fitted 8-)

Yan.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Well done Jon, they will look great on imola red! Thats one hell of a price as well! i didnt pay alot less for a second hand set!! (they are still in the original box and unpainted though ;) )

Will be watching this to see how you get on, i'm still a bit undecided whether they will work as well on a silver car :? so are staying in the box for now...
Dolfan

M roadster S50

Post by Dolfan »

shantybeater wrote:Will be watching this to see how you get on, i'm still a bit undecided whether they will work as well on a silver car :? so are staying in the box for now...
They look great in any colour 8-) get them fitted :thumb:

gypsycatcha

blank.gif

Post by gypsycatcha »

They do make a massive difference to the look of the front of the car and it will look alot lower.
I have the reps on my non m but love the m flippers and if i remember rightly, i think the copies were in the 150 or more region so its not a bad price.
Wouldnt be right putting copies on your car :)
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Dolfan wrote:Image
Now that is one mean looking ///M, front end looks sooooo much better :D
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Jonttt wrote:Now that is one mean looking ///M, front end looks sooooo much better :D
I agree but to me the the door looks a different colour.
Is it just an effect of the lighting?
Image :devil:
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Titan wrote:I agree but to me the the door looks a different colour.
Is it just an effect of the lighting?
Phew, I thought it was just my dodgy eyes :shock: . To be honest the paint looks a little strange in that picture full stop...

But it sure does look one mean looking Zed alright :D
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

I've got dozens of photos of that car and the paint is fine, its just the effect on the photo, it does look oddly different though :lol:

Here's another for you:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ ... CN1216.jpg

what bothers me is not how it looks from the front but how it blends with the sideskirt. On a light colored car it makes the height difference far more noticable. I've been looking in to fitting aero skirts to maybe even things up? or the hamann skirt extensions but I think they are a step too far..

Anyway back on topic! sorry Jon! :lol:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

:thumb:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Funny, I just sold a pair of brand new BMW carbon splitters for the 1er this week, when I put one on the car it looked great but then I thought I would forever be worrying about every kerb, speed hump etc I decided not too fit em.

Whilst they will look great on the M, just not convinced of their practicality on an already low car :( I guess you can just repaint them each time they get crunched :x

Tim.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Yep curbing is the risk, but it does look mean :twisted:
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi Jontt
Your car will look superb with them fitted. Another fine addition to my favourite M.

Regards
Orinoco
gypsycatcha

blank.gif

Post by gypsycatcha »

TitanTim wrote:Funny, I just sold a pair of brand new BMW carbon splitters for the 1er this week, when I put one on the car it looked great but then I thought I would forever be worrying about every kerb, speed hump etc I decided not too fit em.

Whilst they will look great on the M, just not convinced of their practicality on an already low car :( I guess you can just repaint them each time they get crunched :x

Tim.
You should have gone ahead with them Tim.
I have dropped my car 30mm all round and have never curbed them or hit them on speed bumps.
Although they look alot lower, they only drop approx 15 or so mil and they really look great.
I think the m ones look better as the top of the flipper lips up over the m bumper really making them look as though they belong there but they are still a great little mod.
Iv always liked the hamann side spats also.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Look what turned up today :D

was a bit of a delay as when they came to ship thier last set the box had been opened and one of the splitters was missing. Customer service was great though and they phoned me stright away to explain and ask if I was OK with a week or so delay and they would honour the price even on new stock.

fronts:

Rears:

Underside:

Fitting Kit:

They are basically fitted by drilling into the underside of the bumper in 5 locations for each flipper and fitting a screw thread unit that clamps to the bumper using the fitting tool. The flipper is then screwed into the bumper

Fitting instruction (download from HERE:

so I just need to get them sprayed up ready for fitting in spring when the car comes out of winter hibernation, can't wait
TaffZee

blank

Post by TaffZee »

I so look forward to your new posts on this thread Jonttt.

I open the thread with great anticipation wondering "Whats he bought now..." :lol:
Image1998 Atlanta Blue 2.8
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Good luck with those bolts/tool, some of mine went it fine but others just spun round and refused to "clamp down". This was a rep set though but it looks like the fitting kit was the very similar. In the end I droped the arch lines down and used some regular bolts and wash on the back of the bumper!

I always thought your car had these though! They do make a difference, a much welcome amount of depth to the front end. Sideskirts have been mentioned, but that is delving in to the OTT look for me. The splitters work well with the rest of the body standard!
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Sorry Jonttt forgive my ignorance, what have you actually bought there. Is there a piccy somewhere that shows them fitted on another car?
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

Snoops if you look at Dolfan's car above you should get the idea.
The "flippers" are at the front bottom corners of the front bumper.

(They double up as small snow ploughs or speed hump reducers) :wink:
Image :devil:
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Cheers Titan :thumb: be no good for me, I have to get over 3 fierce speed humps to get out of our village. Go get the car out of the garage Jonttt... you know you want to :D
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

thank for posting the instruction :wink:
looks like im going with the nuts and bolts method
the badness makes me do it...!

shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looking forward to seeing them fitted, I wont be getting mine done for a while longer so you should beat me to it! if you fit them yourself please make a guide! ;)