I've converted my brother to the Z3 fold ;-)

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

I've converted my brother to the Z3 fold ;-)

Post by Jonttt »

After he sold his Z4m roadster at the end of last year he was missing a little convertable for weekend fun. He had been looking at boxsters and S2000's but eventually saw the light.

He's bought a gorgeous late (oct 2002 but has a private X reg plate with the car) 2.2 Sport, mint with 45k on the clock.

Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
z3Dave

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by z3Dave »

Nice,

Shame the plate isnt Z333 lol
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

YELLOW!

I like the black trimmings 8-)
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

I agree with estocks, the black and yellow is a nice touch.
What's coming next in the family jonttt - a pink one for Lisa with a green one for junior perhaps? :P
Image :devil:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Just got back from picking it up.

Full BMW service history (BMW even did the black gills and new rear screen last year) and new Michelin tyres.

Its a stock Sport model which includes:
Heated Sport seats
Air con
Roll Bars
Clear lenses
upgraded 17 inch split rims
Optional Harmon Kardon HiFi with CD changer

At some point its had the interior chrome kit fitted.

It is totally unmarked apart from a little corrosion on one wing mirror base and the split rim lips needing a repolish (no kurbing just water damage).

Boot is mint, all tools unused and no spot weld issues. Even has the 1 litre pouch of spare oil suppield by original dealer.

Inside is also mint just needs a clean, the drivers seat bolster is fine.

I must admit the 17 inch BMW split rims really do look good and the 2.2 really is a great engine, lovely and smooth with a nice growl to it.

I think the only "mods" it needs are pretty easy, black front grill and rear arch stone guards = job done 8-)

He has pinched my OEM wind deflector already though and is waiting for me to give him my spare Schnitzer gear stick and handbrake cover :roll:

I did not notice until I was following it but the 222TWO matches the 2.2 badge above so he's thinking of leaving it on.

Dakar yellow really is one of those colours that looks even better in the flesh.

He really is a jammy get, its a bargain 8-)
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

Trust you Jontt........... one of the best advocates of the z3 ................ myself included of course :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you not agree that the 2.2 has the best exhaust note of all Zeds, including the S54,.............. and WM should know ;-)

:D :D
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Nice find, looks good :thumb:
Jonttt wrote: At some point its had the interior chrome kit fitted.
Is the gear lever surround an OEM item? I thought these were aftermarket only :shrug
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Titan

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Titan »

whiteminks wrote:Would you not agree that the 2.2 has the best exhaust note of all Zeds, including the S54,.............. and WM should know ;-)
Well I agree with you on 2 counts:
1 - ours is a 2.2 also :lol:
2 - a woman is never wrong :shock:

I'm waiting to see this parking formation on jonttt's driveway:
red and yellow and pink and green
Accompanied of course by an appropriate sound track :P
Image :devil:
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

myredzed wrote: Is the gear lever surround an OEM item? I thought these were aftermarket only :shrug
Its not OEM, is marked as "Pilot Sport" from memory but looks OEM.
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

whiteminks wrote: Would you not agree that the 2.2 has the best exhaust note of all Zeds, including the S54,.............. and WM should know ;-)
The 2.2 does sound great and the exhaust note does sound meatier than an ///M with stock exhausts (from memory as I usually have an Eisenmann symphony :wink: )
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Titan, I'll try and get some pics of them all lined up for you :wink:
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Jonttt wrote:
myredzed wrote: Is the gear lever surround an OEM item? I thought these were aftermarket only :shrug
Its not OEM, is marked as "Pilot Sport" from memory but looks OEM.
It's a nice addition, lifts the interior well. I thought Motormec did them but they don't seem to be on the website anymore.
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8