My 2nd Z3 - let the de-chaving comence!!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

My 2nd Z3 - let the de-chaving comence!!

Post by JoeyD »

Hey guys! thought id post a few pics of the Z3. its my 2nd Z, but this time its a 2.8. She is perfect condition body wise. very good indeed. I think it might be a custom colour as i haven't seen it before on a Z3! i might just be hoping though!!

Anyway, iv got a lot of de-chaving to do, vile stickers are off, then clear side indicators. New seats are coming on Tuesday thanks to PCSAM.

Is it bad that i like the "M" badge?!!! i know it isnt one but still....!!!

OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: My 2nd Z3 - let the de-chaving comence!!

Post by OldskoolRS »

Looks nice but I think your wheels need a clean as they look a bit black. ;)

The ///M badge doesn't bother me either way (I know it isn't an ///M by looking at it) but I imagine some will start moaning. FWIW I have an ///M steering wheel and gearknob on mine so I can't talk.
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Looks very tidy! Not usually a fan of black wheels but it seems to work with this colour. I think its midnight purple which was an individual colour aka special order
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
swamper

M roadster S50

Post by swamper »

nice...great colour :D
the badness makes me do it...!

JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

She was actually "montreal blue" accoeding to the tag in the engine bay! but she was resprayed this colour.Not sure when or why!!
bigchap39

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by bigchap39 »

mine is montreal blue.nice deep blue metallic.
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

bigchap39 wrote:mine is montreal blue.nice deep blue metallic.
after you said that i googled the montreal blue Z3's and it looks like mine too!! i was going off the colour pallet thing on this forums options on the profile set up!! ha! looks like its the original colour then!! :D
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

Its a great looking zed.. but needs clear side repeaters and tinted rear lights and break light... :D
Have a look at flyeyeskit.co.uk... and here....

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 86#p326186
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

Z3cade wrote:Its a great looking zed.. but needs clear side repeaters and tinted rear lights and break light... :D
Have a look at flyeyeskit.co.uk... and here....

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 86#p326186
Clear side repeaters arriving monday. i was reading that post today actually. it looks good on yours, but i think it would just look too dark on mine. Gonna keep the clear look and maybe even go for a clear 3rd brake light!!
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

MASSIVE thanks to PCSam for the 2 seats delivered today. fitted them in. bit of a pain as a few bolts were sticky,got them out though. On the plus side i found 3pounds, 2pence and a as new iPod nano!!! i am now going to take the seats out of every car to see what treasures i find!

Both of the old seats for sale here, separate auctions. As i got the new seats free,the proceeds are going to a local charity run by a friend.

Old seats on Ebay ( check other items for drivers side and spoiler!):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290737698600? ... 500wt_1304

Pic of new seats! Still need a clean!!

Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Great result on the seats and the ipod - top job Joey :thumb:
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
Wolverine_1999

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Wolverine_1999 »

OldskoolRS wrote:Looks nice but I think your wheels need a clean as they look a bit black. ;)

The ///M badge doesn't bother me either way (I know it isn't an ///M by looking at it) but I imagine some will start moaning. FWIW I have an ///M steering wheel and gearknob on mine so I can't talk.
Hmm would look cleaner without the sticker though.. a bit of debadging ;-) Those are stock on the interior by the way, I also have them in mine..

I guess with the interior, the only person you are trying to impress is yourself :D

P.S would you consider putting stock exhaust trims back on?
c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

Biggest de-chaving step will be getting rid of those wheels or at least painting them silver!
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

c_w wrote:Biggest de-chaving step will be getting rid of those wheels or at least painting them silver!
Totally disagree, I usually don't like black wheels but on this Z they really do work. Each to his own though!!
si-forks

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by si-forks »

Keep the wheels black they look great IMHO

Si-forks on tapatalk
E30 318 1988 Gone
E36 320 1992 Gone

E36 328 1995 write off

E39 525d M Sport 2003 Current
E37 Z3 M44B1.9 1997 Current
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

si-forks wrote:Keep the wheels black they look great IMHO

Si-forks on tapatalk
Thanks mate!

New pic here. added a few things to her. centre caps, clear side lights,chrome handles,flat wipers and painted the side grills chrome! Not major but its the little things that make the difference!! :D

c_w

M roadster S50

Post by c_w »

JoeyD wrote:
si-forks wrote:Keep the wheels black they look great IMHO

Si-forks on tapatalk
Thanks mate!

New pic here. added a few things to her. chrome handles, and painted the side grills chrome! Not major but its the little things that make the difference!! :D
I thought the idea was to de-chav it :? :P :wink:

black wheels look bad to me, it's an easy way to wipe £1k off the perceived value of you car. So many AUDI A3s and Golfs running black wheels now, look bloody awful to me, where the standard car on normal wheels looks classy, painting them black does not. It's a fashion fad and it will pass. Black or dark wheels only work on something purposeful, like a track car, on an otherwise standard car they look wrong IMO. Reminds me of my neighbours 53-reg Astra in a similar colour blue which has no wheel-trims fitted :colourful:
Radlitt

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Radlitt »

I agree with c_w on this one, but to my mind, anything added that isn't standard says chav to me!

Jeremy
geminimustang

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by geminimustang »

Don't like the colour of the wheels,sorry,jealous of the chrome door handles,like the colour of the car,why not start a poll? Black wheels or Silver wheels? Majority decision prevails.We're all wanting to improve the look of your zed!
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

You really need to remove the ///m badge. Its considered bad form to add onto a non-M car. Its actually illegal I think :nono
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

Deano1712 wrote:You really need to remove the ///m badge. Its considered bad form to add onto a non-M car. Its actually illegal I think :nono
I would agree with this. As a non-M owner, I find wearing an M badge to be a; 'I wish this was an M!!' statement. Personally, I think you should be more than happy with the car as it is. Sure, it's not as fast as an Z3m, but it's just as good looking and turns just as many heads. So that's one thing I'd get rid of. Other than that, it's looking good now :D
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
JoeyD

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by JoeyD »

Deano1712 wrote:You really need to remove the ///m badge. Its considered bad form to add onto a non-M car. Its actually illegal I think :nono
Does the same comment go for the front spoiler? or peoples "M" steering wheels, "M" side grills, "M" alloys, "M" Gear Knobs.... etc etc!
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Don’t gang up on the poor lad with all this “M snobbery”. People like to personalise their own car. To suggest it is illegal to stick on an M badge is ridiculous. I’d be more concerned whether or not modifications I read about on this forum (including the ridiculously expensive AC Snifter ones) were declared to the insurance companies.
LookinFoolish

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by LookinFoolish »

Del wrote:Don’t gang up on the poor lad with all this “M snobbery”. People like to personalise their own car. To suggest it is illegal to stick on an M badge is ridiculous. I’d be more concerned whether or not modifications I read about on this forum (including the ridiculously expensive AC Snifter ones) were declared to the insurance companies.
I highly doubt it's illegal to stick an M badge on the car. But personally I wouldn't stick one on mine, each to their own I say :D Car is looking good, I like the subtle mods!
1997 BMW Z3 1.9l
Deano1712
Z Register organiser

M roadster S50

Post by Deano1712 »

Sense of humour failure x2! How could you think I was being serious on the legal comment?!

Fitting of //M accessories is common and ok IMO. My E92 has various M bits on it from the factory but it doesnt have a M badge on the rear claiming the car is something it isnt.

Anyway the car looks good and the black wheels are ok by me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Z3M with a few mods...and a little bit more power
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

i personally dont like M badges on non Ms but you do what ever you want its your zed 8-)

Now as far as your black wheels i think they look great! Its ok to be different.. Like you i bought my zed with darker alloys and wasnt sure at first but now i love them :D

If you look at alot of new cars, even bmws there now coming with dark alloys..

Everyone has different tastes when it comes to styling so you wont please everyone
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
Badman gee

M roadster S50

Post by Badman gee »

M badge isnt illegal on non m of course but it should be.

:D

The 'BEAST' 666
Z3andZ4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Z3andZ4 »

Had my Z4m coupe de-badged at birth. It's pretty obvious what it is from the rear for the very few seconds people anyone sees the rear.

HOWEVER, on the topic of M badges - keeping on thread I hope - why are BMW putting M badges on anything that moves?

No worse for an owner to put on an M badge on a non-M than for BMW to spray them around.
2001 Z3 3 litre Sport Roadster - titanium and special
2006 Z4M coupe - Interlagos and red
http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q62 ... huiwqu.jpg