Finally sorted some Pics, Wheels done.

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Finally sorted some Pics, Wheels done.

Post by helmik »

So when we got the Z3 it had the worst corrosion on the wheels i have ever seen. I am inclined to think it may be from the foot and mouth thing a while back as the previous owner may have been visiting farms and driving through chemicals. That said it was only the polished rim on each wheel that was affected. So a before and after pic.

The car iteslf, some before and some after the wheels were done. More to follow when i get the chance.

And finally, this one got the neighbours talking, especially my mate who is a Police Officer who lives opposite!!!!

I also just found the thread from when we first joined (different user name) and put up a pic of the first Z we had, http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... ora#p44284
Same number though!!

Thanks all,

mick & Helen.
Last edited by helmik on Mon 17 Sep, 2012 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
stupot50

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Finally sorted some Pics, Wheels done.

Post by stupot50 »

Did you do them yourself?

I can see why folks were talking :?
1999 2.8 Arctic Silver Z3
1987 Black Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
2007 325d Msport - remapped
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Cracking job on the wheels 8-)
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

stupot50 wrote:Did you do them yourself?

I can see why folks were talking :?
No, place in Tyseley in Birmingham called "SpeedyWheels". They have a display of different wheels on the wall of all the different finishes they can do, cost was £180 which included send blasting 3 times to try and get rid of all the corrosion. They are a massive improvement, there are a couple of places where the alloy is slightly uneven due to the rot, not noticeable unless you search and i was warned about it beforehand by the wheel people.

The rest of the car is great, not perfect but close so to let the wheels get that bad was a real surprise. Previous owner was not a petrol type so i think he just didnt know what to do with them.

Mick
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

nice looking car .......... the pink smelly is a bit off-putting ( is that the femail touch :D )
i have a couple of spare chrome door handle covers you look like you need ..........
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

helmik wrote:And finally, this one got the neighbours talking, especially my mate who is a Police Officer who lives opposite!!!!
Do you actually drive the car with those plates on or are they just for show? I take it they are H6 LDN and H6 LBN? with a couple of handily spaced screws :lol:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
helmik

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by helmik »

Nope, its the same number on both. I took it while in the process of taking the number off the Renault and onto the Z3. I have a couple of sets, some for the MOT and some for "normal" use.
Never been stopped, the wife had a speeding fine in the old Z so i know they can be read by fixed cameras. I also took the Renault into work and we had a Police car come in for a cuppa. I got them to check if the on board ANPR could read it, it can with no problem at all. Its H6LBN, and her name is Helen.

Cheers
Mick.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

I did wonder if it was the same number. That's good to hear that the police had no problems with them, strange though as its a very easy fine.

I got pulled for mine being illegally spaced (or not spaced with everything together like on the Renault). Had to change the plates and take it to an mot centre to get it signed off, luckily didn't get fined. Apparently if you get pulled 3 times now with dodgy spacing or illegal plates the DVLA take the plate back
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

Apparently if you get pulled 3 times now with dodgy spacing or illegal plates the DVLA take the plate back
and yet they still auction off all those that may be manipulated for vastly inflated prices ............... gotta luv em.
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.