First chance to get the top down

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

First chance to get the top down

Post by martyb »

Hey fowks, got the first chance almost a month into z ownership to get the roof down....

and hell yeah i got it down! :D :D

Just thought id share a pic or two from a little trip to the transport museum and some lunch before work.

the only downside was when i got home i noticed the fabric seal around the rear screen had came away slightly so a pair of tweezers and a little super glue and its tucked back in and sealed. :)

ohh and anyone with any knowledge here being an auto can the plastic surround around the shifter be changed from a flat plastic to a leather gaitor?
another wee pic.

Thanks guys :)
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: First chance to get the top down

Post by Brian H »

Nice pics Marty, If you can have a look about for a wind deflector, it makes a world of difference when you are driving with the top down.

Something like this, Clicky Link. There are 2 versions for the cars without roll hoops, the difference is the spacing between the posts. I am unsure which one you will need.

Ask about a member may have one that is no longer required.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I think you can only have a gaitor with a manual shift..
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
martyb

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by martyb »

Thanks for the suggestion brian a wind deflector is something ill look into once iv fixed the last couple of niggles. Without the roll hoops does that make it easier to fit? as i quite like the look of the hoops too.

Cheers southern boy thats unfortunate had a combo of leather gaitor and new style shifter in mind ill keep my eyes open though for a possible way of converting it.