MONTY, Mora's new stable mate!!

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

MONTY, Mora's new stable mate!!

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

We would like to introduce you to our latest addition!

Mora's new stable mate, MONTY, a Montego Blue Metallic Z4 2.0i Sport.

Here are some pics from a day by the sea with the EAC

We had a teething problem on the way home, the exhaust emissions symbol came on, the manual says that the emission values have deteriorated, have the vehicle checked as soon as possible. Has anyone any ideas what may have caused this light to come on?

M & S
Mike & Sandy - Mora Metallic Individual 2.0L

IMG_1038.jpg~originalImage
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: MONTY, Mora's new stable mate!!

Post by gookah »

lambda sensor is a favorite on these cars for putting on emission lights, and they don't like changing petrol brands for some reason, I would run it a while longer, get it reset, then keep filling with the same fuel..

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

Thanks Gookah,
I'll try that, do you think it helps to have the labda sensor changed? Would that make it less sensitive to different brands of petrol?
I have a years Warranty with the car anyway so I want to make sure its right, always sceptical about garage promises.

Mike

gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

EnthuZiaZT wrote:Thanks Gookah,
I'll try that, do you think it helps to have the labda sensor changed? Would that make it less sensitive to different brands of petrol?
I have a years Warranty with the car anyway so I want to make sure its right, always sceptical about garage promises.

Mike

I had it come on my M the week after I bought it, I had filled up with Tesco petrol but not the good stuff.
I had to have a sensor changed, and then ran it on V power for the rest of the time I had it and it never returned.

The Z4M model is even more picky about these things...... :head:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

EnthuZiaZT wrote:We would like to introduce you to our latest addition!

Mora's new stable mate, MONTY, a Montego Blue Metallic Z4 2.0i Sport.

We had a teething problem on the way home, the exhaust emissions symbol came on, the manual says that the emission values have deteriorated, have the vehicle checked as soon as possible. Has anyone any ideas what may have caused this light to come on?

M & S
We had the warning light come up on our 2.0i Sport a couple of years ago. The indie that we use reset it twice but it came back on each time within 2 to 3 weeks. I spent an hour so with the indie reading codes etc and in the end went for replacing the lambda sensor that is in the exhaust manifold - £230!!!. About 3 weeks later dashing to a hotel in Northumberland on a cold, dark very wet night drove through some deepish water and the next morning the Z4 was making a nice "phttt, phttt" sound. At that point the light bulb came on as I remembered various posts on the Z4forum re: cracked exhaust manifolds on the 2.0 engine. The quick dash of cold water must have opened up the crack just enough to make it audible. Not too bad as the indie managed to weld it without having to completely remove the manifold so he only charged £60. Unfortunately all the system can report is a sensor out of range and not what is actually causing the out of range reading.
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
EnthuZiaZT

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by EnthuZiaZT »

Thank you, Zed Carer, The garage did say that a cracked exhaust manifold might be the reason, but wouldn't be sure until he'd seen it!
Mike