Vanne's 3rd Z3. New project...

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Vanne's 3rd Z3. New project...

Post by Vanne »

Since my Z4MC is taking a much more track oriented route these days, I was toying around with getting a z3 roady. (Owned a few before) just to jump in and hoot around on shopping/friends visit and such..

So i bought this...

I know the missus wont be happy about having another car hanging around..

These are the specs:

Interior

The pictures actually look much, much better than the car is in RL actually :( and has quite a few bumps and dings here and there. The rear rim has a crack in it (still holds air, but that can't be safe) so the rims are the first to go.

The hard top is in good condition, as is the rag top, but the plastic window needs renewing and the ragtop needs to be re-blacked.

The driveshaft needs to be replaced (done :)

and thats about it..

Then i went on a buying splurge....
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Vanne's 3rd Z3. New project...

Post by mrscalex »

You have a few options on the car that we aren't used to seeing on UK spec cars. But I expect they are normal for what is to us a 'foreign' car :)
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Yep, we sure do. Hot climate being a good one.
Lots of changes taking place, most likely due to having an accident in it after 3 weeks of ownership.. wth??

Going to repaint the whole car and have ordered Z3M front hats to fit in my new 18 inch Style 32 wheels. Rears are perfect, front have an offset issue I'll solve with camber... I hope.

New Alcantara steering wheel and have started the interior upgrade.
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Car is in the shop atm being resprayed, also new rims on it. and the door cards are being refurbed.

seats will be next.

Ive obtained some really nice 18 inch style 32 wheels , rather large offsets, and have bought some z3M top hats, that i will flip to hopefully be able to fit the front wheels.

its a project...
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Update...

Needed to get my head out off the books today , so did a little spannering...

Needed a camber kit also to bring the wheel inside the guard. One washer per side...

pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I wouldn't leave that oil filler cap off for too long with all that sand about :D .

I think it's good to see cars from outside the UK :wave

Option 314 is a "must-have" in the Gulf states :wink: .
Pingu
imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Post by imi89imi »

That's a nice 3.0 Z3 looking forward to the development of your new project.

I'm thinking buying a ever day sport's car I've tucked the Z4MC away it will only come out on special occasion's throughout the coming summer.

I didn't realise that you could get an automatic transmission on Z3's. How are they to drive and would you recommend the auto for ever day usage?
Vanne

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by Vanne »

Thats the only reason id grab and auto all day , every day, if it was a dd. I have a Z4mc for weekend/track duty.

They drive great, esp if you get the later models.. and with the 3.0 in there, even the auto is no slouch.

The whole car is going to be painted sometime in the future and the interior is being done bit by bit as i go along. Alcantara for the chairs is next, and doing the other door card atm. Id love to do the dash too, but not sure how much of a hassle that is to get out.. anyways, its a project.

:dunce: