Project Z

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Project Z

Post by dennisedlin »

Thought I would start a gallery thread before I set to work on the updates which I will try to document as I go along.

Trip to Granada Province yesterday (Baza Lake).

and one more

Only taken with a phone so quality could be better. Hope to have the hard top off in the next few days to start the repairs and mods.
Z3 2.2 Sport, everyone loves a Z3

Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Project Z

Post by Del »

That clear blue sky and landscape makes me suspect it is hot where you are - hopefully you have air con in the car :D 8-)
mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Nice colour combo that. I find silver a little dull (my main car is silver so I'm allowed to say that) but the blue roof works a treat with it.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dennisedlin »

It's very warm.....probably 33c yesterday, up to 38c by Monday. Air conditioning is a must out here, although the locals seem to cope without it.
The Blue on Silver is really growing on me.....the soft top is black but..........watch this thread.

dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dennisedlin »

First chance to start some repairs and improvements today. It was far too hot over the weekend hitting 41C on Sunday :shock:
Hope everyone in the Alicante area is safe with the horrendous fires up there.

First job, drivers seat out and new seat bushes installed. It's the third time I've done this now so almost second nature. The passenger seat is rock solid and will be OK for many years yet. It hardly looks used.

The drivers seat at 15 years old looks really good. Just some wear to the seat bolster and back bolster.

Out with the Renovo and several applications later we have this....

It's hard work in the heat out here but the pool comes in handy......

The passenger seat was given a light refresh as virtually no wear marks at all.

The Hardtop was removed and the horror that is the soft top was revealed. The window has seen better days and will be replaced. But for now a quick clean with Meguiars scratch remover and Auto Glym SRP has improved it a bit.

Before

After just 5 minutes work.

The hood will get a full clean tomorrow morning when it cools down a bit. Full Renovo kit ready to go.

Time to drop the roof and install the Tonneau (thanks to rosewellian)

It's a real pleasure working on these cars......talking of which I have booked her in for Diff Oil, ATF fluid and a general inspction of bushes and joints next Tuesday. Oh and the Air Con decided to pack in..........wouldn't be bothered in the UK but here......

Anyway enough work for today

dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dennisedlin »

Took the Zed in for a diff oil change and the ATF fluid. The diff oil was in good condition but after 95k miles the ATF fluid was shot; it was dark and smelled burnt.
The transformation in the gear changes and the quietness of the transmission is remarkable. Like night and day.
Air con all fixed and re gassed, see how that goes.
All bushes and joints in great shape. The mechanic remarked on how good it was for a 15 year old car.

dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dennisedlin »

Further work carried out today:
Radiator shroud replaced as the original had a fracture on the top, and Cruise Control fitted. Bit of a trial to find the connector among all the other bundled cables but finally located it. Thought I would take a run and try it out. It works perfectly; does anyone know if it is possible to get the dash to indicate that the Cruise is on or off???
Stopped for a quick paddle in the Med.

mrscalex

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by mrscalex »

Not sure I can handle any more of these warm climate photos :)

Are you sorted for a blue soft top if that's what you have planned? I have a good one here on my breaker if it's of interest to you.
ImageImage
2001 Z3 2.2 Topaz Blue (Trudy) - Keeper rebuilt from a write-off
2002 Z3 2.2 Titan Silver (Cookies) - Keeper rebuilt having been bought with a seized engine
2002 Z3 3.0 Sapphire Black (Peanut) - Keeper awaiting rebuilding having been bought as an abandoned project
Plus Willy, Kodak & Maycee - All 2.2 Sport projects. Yes, 6 is a lot of Z3s :)
Always happy to try and help with spares :)
dennisedlin

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by dennisedlin »

No final decision from 'she who must be obeyed' yet :) , Little Z is coming home for Christmas, hope I don't get too much snow over the Pyrenees.