z3 3.0 and previous toys

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
Rob_v6

Not specified

z3 3.0 and previous toys

Post by Rob_v6 »

It's been a while coming but thought I would share a couple of pictures of the z3 that I purchased in July. I had been looking at the z3's for a while as I fancied a little weekend toy again after getting married last year, new house etc etc and the z3 was something I was always interested in as it seemed an all rounder. Although I had considered the z3m I didn't want to spend that much this time around.

Since collecting it at the end of July we have only put 400miles on the clock but those 400 have been a pleasure. Previously I used the z4 coupe as a daily driver and prior to that the v6 Clio. This time I just wanted something to have a blast out at the weekends. The z3 is in great condition with a full history of old mot's, dealer service history etc. it's the sport model with limited slip differential.

Past: z4 coupe. I spent a while trying to find the Phoenix yellow, it's a love or hate colour but surprising how many people liked it in the flesh.

Wish I still had this as they have rocketed in value, I owned this for 4 years and spent many trips in the Lake District on club meets etc. I think this little beast is now in Switzerland somewhere:

imi89imi

Z4 M coupe

Re: z3 3.0 and previous toys

Post by imi89imi »

your bmw z3 looks really nice, the paint work looks immaculate especially considering the age of the vehicle. some interior pics needed. you've bought the right engine size as well.

I'm on the yes side for the phoenix yellow my brother used to own a e46 m3 in that colour and you are right it looks way better in the flesh.

I hope you still got the clio v6 they've turned into a collectors item so $$$$$$
Rob_v6

Not specified

Post by Rob_v6 »

Yeah the z3 paintwork is very good for its age. There are a couple of marks but nothing significant and no rust. I intend to just use it as a weekend toy so the mileage should stay fairly reasonable over the next few years, it's currently on 64k.

Ah yes the M3 E46 was popular in Phoenix yellow. I would have liked a z4m coupe in Phoenix yellow but only a couple were made and believe one was converted to be used on track.

Hmm the Clio v6 went back in 2009 to a guy in London and believe it is in Switzerland somewhere now. I keep eyeing them up but after paying significantly less I couldn't pay £20k plus now for one. I had the opportunity years ago to get a Mk2 version for £16k ish which are now selling for around £28k. There is currently a liquid yellow one for sale which I have seen in the flesh years ago. Hindsight is a wonderful thing....
Del

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Del »

Nice late 3.0 Z3 - probably one of the last batch off the production line. That little Renault looks like fun and the proper business :)
Rob_v6

Not specified

Post by Rob_v6 »

Del wrote:Nice late 3.0 Z3 - probably one of the last batch off the production line. That little Renault looks like fun and the proper business :)
The Clio was a lot of fun but sometimes a little sketchy being short wheelbase and rear wheel drive with a huge engine over the back wheels!! I used to drive it in all conditions including the year when temperatures went to -15. After 4.5 years of owning it I decided to change for the z4 coupe which at the time ticked all the boxes,but in hindsight I should have kept the Clio based on prices now.
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

Nice looking Z3, and the Z4 Coupes are stunning
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal