Rose Cottage B&B, Somerby, Leicestershire

Mention the good and bad of your hotel and B&B experiences here. One thread per hotel, please!
calbens

Z3 roadster 2.0

Rose Cottage B&B, Somerby, Leicestershire

Post by calbens »

If you want to stay in a cosy cottage thats very much a home from home then I can highly recommend Rose Cottage.
I stayed there for 3 nights with my son and a few friends at the beginning of August and we had a fabulous time, helped enormously by the owner Sue and her husband Mitch. We couldn't have been made more welcome, even down to Sue letting us share one of her bottles of Rioja :D Well, there was no 'Off Licenses' for miles and although the local pub stays open until the last person leaves, we had children with us, mores the pity :wink:
The bedrooms are in the process of having en suites added to them. Ben and I where lucky to have the 1st room to have an suite fitted, my friends however had to share a bathroom but, it wasn't a problem for them at all and thats saying something because we where horse riding everyday so the bathroom got quite a hammering :lol:

Breakfast was at a time suited to you and was cooked on the Aga. And, if your a little adventurous ask Sue if you can sample some fried 'Puff Ball', they grow in her garden.

We are planning a return visit to stay at Rose Cottage next August and at £25 ppn its great value for money too.
It doesn't have it's own web site just yet but I've added this link which takes you to the equestrian centre that has pictures of the cottage on. Also the pub advertised on the same page 'The Stillton Cheese' is very welcoming after a long hack or walk and the food is great!,
Ooh I very nearly forgot, there is off road parking for your Zed too ! :drive

Rose Cottage,
High Street,
Somerby,
Melton Mowbray,
Leicestershire LE14 2PZ
LE14 2PZ
Tel 01664 454422