Hotel/Resort Egypt - any Recommendations?

Mention the good and bad of your hotel and B&B experiences here. One thread per hotel, please!
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Hotel/Resort Egypt - any Recommendations?

Post by snoops »

Hi

Looking for recommendations if anyone has any. Looking to totally chill out so need good facilities and a hotel that has a good AI deal, i.e. not one of these hotels that doesn't really include everything. :sunny

It's not a sightseeing hol though, our batteries are totally drained, so no need to consider sights...
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

hi last easter we stayed at the red sea holliday village and would highly recommend it. has loads of pools , swim up rooms and you can also have a jaquzi on your balconey. has 4 restaurants , indian,chinese,italian and international.a;so a fish restaraunt but you pay for that. has swinging beds on the beach. we loved it and is great if you have children. and yes its AI and everything is all in.
link

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
Daz2626

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Daz2626 »

Canman wrote: has swinging beds on the beach
What kind of holidays are you going on Kev :shock:
justgilly

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by justgilly »

The Sofitel in Taba Heights is very good AI and it really means all inclusive. If you do decide on a trip go to Petra it's awesome!! 8-)
Happy Hols
Gill
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Um, I hate to point out that Petra is in Jordan, Gill, and it's a fair old swim from Egypt. :lol:

It is an awesome place though - I visited in March this year.

I wasn't overly impressed with Sharm El Sheik - it is a purpose built tourist resort with not a lot to go and see - but it does have plenty of sun, a beach and restaurants. The 3D planet exhibition was quite good, but not quite the same as the trip to St. Catherine's Monastery that we were supposed to be doing but didn't have time.

Cairo is certainly not the place to go if you want relaxation.

Afraid I can't recommend a hotel as I we went on a cruise ship.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Desiro

M roadster S50

Post by Desiro »

you could try this :wink:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g2 ... tions.html

A very Useful resource 8-)
freds dad

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by freds dad »

We stayed at the Makadi Palace in Makadi Bay. Its a fantastic 5 star all inclusive with everything you need.
justgilly

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by justgilly »

Well, Rob, Petra is of course in Jordan BUT it's only a short boat trip from Taba Heights across the Gulf of Aqaba!

I agree with your comment on Sharm , it's the Egyptian equivalent to Benidorm.

Gill 8-)
markrnorton

Other roadster

Post by markrnorton »

If you just want to relax, i did a nile cruise about 5 years ago. form Luxor to Aswan and back. All inclusive, flights accomodation food and even drink !

you dont have to get of the boat/ship to do the excursions, just stay on it, plenty to do, burn in the sun, drink alcohol, jacuzzi/pool etc. very good. and entertainment on the cruise in the evenings

top value for money, some of the trips are very cheap and worthwhile
Still modifying
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

justgilly wrote:Well, Rob, Petra is of course in Jordan BUT it's only a short boat trip from Taba Heights across the Gulf of Aqaba!
'Tis true - Egypt, Israel and Jordan all come together there. We were marooned in Aqaba docks for the first three days of the cruise due to storms in the Red Sea area. I was still a couple of hours on a coach to Petra from Aqaba, but well worth it.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Bod

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Egypt Hotels - Taba heights

Post by Bod »

Hope this works ... :D

Stay here ...

http://taba.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

Book through ...

http://www.longwoodholidays.co.uk/home.aspx

Check reviews at ...

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... Sinai.html

I know its only half board but you can sign things to your room and card it at the end. You can also eat at the resturants of the other resort hotels - about 6 in total, and at a considerable discount. There's even a free shuttle bus to ferry you around. Have stayed here on 3 occasions and can thoroughly recommend it ... :cheers
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Hi Guys... been off line for a week so sorry for delay....

thank you so much for all your replies and suggestions, they have all gone into the "suggestion bank", trawling through web sites and review sites, not used to this... used to throwing luggage in Zippy and letting the wind blow us around Europe ... other half wants a chill holiday so no Zippy hol this year :(....

Once again.... thanks :thumb:
justgilly

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by justgilly »

Hi Snoops

You must let us know where you decide to go. Have a good one

Gill
Rob13

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Rob13 »

If you want cheese and a fully modern holiday (which looks like it could be anywhere in the world - then sharm el shake SP?) If you want something relaxing and mellow.... think a bit like Thailand, then Dahab on the red sea. Excellend diving, go into the dunes for quad biking etc, good prices on food and they are BYOB making the night cheaper again.....all the restraunts are along the waters edge and are not pushy chains trying to get you to eat and leave like sharm....

If you have not been before though, then a package from Cairo to Aswan way on a river boat down the Nile is the way to go for sure!!
I used to have a '97 2.8 Z3 50k FOR SALE £4699 Shorter 'M' Cup Sport gear knob,M Steering wheel, Alpine / Infinity audio, 18" Alpina style wheels, Clear indicators all round, cold air feed and modified airbox. Miss April in the '09 Calendar.
ImageImage
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Well what can I say... I so appreciated all the good suggestions from you guys and they are all "stored" for another time.

However we're going chilling in Rhodes, nice quiet resort with (hopefully) only the sound of lapping waves and the clinking of glasses.

I do appreciate all your suggestions though and we will visit Egypt soon.