creaking accel pedal

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lurker

blank.gif

creaking accel pedal

Post by lurker »

As the subject really, my pedal creaks quite a lot.

should I just stick some grease on her or is there something else going off??

Cheers all in advance!

Sean
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
If it moves and it shouldn't, use Gaffa Tape, if it doesn't move but it should, use WD40...
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

id give it the old wd 40 first,then try some ub40,stick by me and ill stick by you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Try some 'Red Red Wine'

If that fails then the WD40 should do the trick

Gazza.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

cheers all, bizzarely enough I used to get told I look like that geeser out of UB40...

I was trying to avoid the WD, cause it washes away the grease... but then, doesn't sound like theres any on there :)
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
If it moves and it shouldn't, use Gaffa Tape, if it doesn't move but it should, use WD40...
trickyb

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by trickyb »

My accellerator 'creaked' when i first got it. It was also very stiff and therefore difficult to balance the revs for a smooth gear change.

At the Indy's, whilst it was having something else done, they lubed both ends of the accellerator cable, which helped a little, but after a month or so, it started again.

Answer was a new accellerator cable. Silent and smooth.

Definitely just try the magic WD40 first, though.
I spent most of my money on whisky, women and Z3's. The rest I just wasted.

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken.
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Difficult to reach the moving parts. Put old newpaper in the foot well then give a blast of spray grease through the gap in the floor to where the accelerator pedal pivot is. I think grease will last longer than WD40. It worked for me. No squeeks for over a year. Mice hate spray grease :)
Last edited by Robin on Mon 02 Jul, 2007 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
'High G' motoring enthusiast
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

Robin wrote:Difficult to reach the moving parts. Put old newpaper in the foot well then give a blast of spray grease through the gap in the foor to where the accelerator lpedal pivot is. I think grease will last longer than WD40. It worked for me. No squeeks for over a year. Mice hate spray grease :)
:) magic, that's what I thought (about the grease vs wd)

was about to pop out and try it but the rain's just hit like in Noah's day, so it'll have to creakin' wait... ;oP
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham