Wheels

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
AntMan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Wheels

Post by AntMan »

Does any one have 8.5 x18's et35 on the front of their Zed looking at a staggered set up 8.5 front and 9.5 rear i know the rears are ok just worried the fronts may stick out a little any one help??
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

I just had 8x18's added all-round, and the fronts are slightly proud of the farings. I haven't measured them yet but they look to be a couple of mm outside of the arches. Not majorly noticeable, but this will no doubt increase if you add the size you mention.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

I am running the BBS 19" Motorsport Wheels (designed for the Z3M) on my ///M with 8.5J front and 10J rear. I have used spacers at the front due to wanting to widen the track and put 245's on the front and the tyres do protrude but still legal. My suspension setup (KW Variant 3) has been set well so I do not get impact on the arches at the front. On the rear I have 285's and which are as wide as I can go without issue inside the wheel arch but still have spare space on the outside edge.

Not sure what the offsets are but they are standard BMW for the Z3 M.

Hope that helps.
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

Fast is good, faster is better. Wheeeeee !!!
cowboybebop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cowboybebop »

have you got any photos we can look at namatjira?

sounds well cool :)
namatjira
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by namatjira »

Do a search on here for my cars name "Boomer". Cheers
Now with both the 411 bhp Supercharged Z3MR and a WRX STi Wagon getting a 3.4 litre transplant and an XKR with mods planned.

Fast is good, faster is better. Wheeeeee !!!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Done it for you

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
cowboybebop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cowboybebop »

looks the 'bee's knees'
Dav

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Re: Wheels

Post by Dav »

F99ANT wrote:Does any one have 8.5 x18's et35 on the front of their Zed looking at a staggered set up 8.5 front and 9.5 rear i know the rears are ok just worried the fronts may stick out a little any one help??
With those offsets you know your wheels are going to protrude 19mm (3/4inch) more than your standard 7.5 wheels on the front so it depends if you ae happy with that. Gazza had 8.5s on the front of his 2.8 with an offset of 38 so they protruded 16mm above the originals. I saw that car at Gaydon and although they did stick out slightly they looked fine to me.

Dav the wheel nut
AntMan

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by AntMan »

Dav wrote:
With those offsets you know your wheels are going to protrude 19mm (3/4inch) more than your standard 7.5 wheels on the front so it depends if you ae happy with that. Gazza had 8.5s on the front of his 2.8 with an offset of 38 so they protruded 16mm above the originals. I saw that car at Gaydon and although they did stick out slightly they looked fine to me.
Thats what i'd found i'm not sure if it's a little to much like the dish on the rims though think the staggered set up will fit the car well, the seller advises they fit no problems on a Zed but as i will be lowering it also on a set of coilovers the clearance needs to be looked in to wheels are here...

Image what do you think???
cowboybebop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cowboybebop »

I think they look great

i love the staggered wheels especially the back as they have the deep rims
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

I run 8.5x18 et 47 on the front and 9.5x19 et 32 on the rears and the fit is just right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Dav wrote: Gazza had 8.5s on the front of his 2.8 with an offset of 38 so they protruded 16mm above the originals. I saw that car at Gaydon and although they did stick out slightly they looked fine to me.
I'm sure if you ask the current owner Cosmosblack very nicely she may take and post a few pics from the front of the car so you can see how far the wheels protrude.

I thought the wheels were 8 x 18 et 38, can't be sure though :shrug
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Dav

Z4 roadster 3.0i

Post by Dav »

topfuelking wrote:I run 8.5x18 et 47 on the front and 9.5x19 et 32 on the rears and the fit is just right
Are you running 18s or 19s?
Do you have any problems with the fronts touching the suspension with those offsets?

Dav the wheel nut
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

Dav wrote:
topfuelking wrote:I run 8.5x18 et 47 on the front and 9.5x19 et 32 on the rears and the fit is just right
Are you running 18s or 19s?both.. 18s front evo copys and 19s rears genuine bmw e46 m3 evo with 5mm off the offset
Do you have any problems with the fronts touching the suspension with those offsets?
i have no rubbing or touching bud
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

topfuelking, looking at the shading on the pic of your car it looks like you have a two tone bonnet, Arctic Silver/Sterling Grey 8-)

Gazza

ImageImage
Camper

Z3 roadster 2.5i

Breyton Spirit

Post by Camper »

Hi just put on 18x8.5 Breyton Spirit's with a 38 mm offset. Wheels are fantastic and pictures don't do them justice. The back are fine but the front tend to stick out a little. Certainly not a problem but I definately wouldn't go with any less offset than 38mm. Tend to kick up a few stones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camper

Z3 roadster 2.5i

Post by Camper »

Sorry for the stupid question but why does my picture not show up like the others? You have to download it. Any tips. Thanks
m50b20

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by m50b20 »

8.5X18 all around

20mm rear spacers

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Camper wrote:Sorry for the stupid question but why does my picture not show up like the others? You have to download it. Any tips. Thanks
How to post pictures..........

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7658
Gazza

ImageImage
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

garythefish wrote:topfuelking, looking at the shading on the pic of your car it looks like you have a two tone bonnet, Arctic Silver/Sterling Grey 8-)

yes it is bud :wink: Image
THANKS MARC