Sprint boosters

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
naeemm

Z3 roadster 2.0

Sprint boosters

Post by naeemm »

are these any good? i am thinking of getting one. but dont want to blow up the engine and end up in the emergency room.
this site has it and it seems pratty easy to install (has many other cool things for the z3)

http://www.bmtown.com/Z3.htm
naeemm

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by naeemm »

also they have a EvoSport Carbon Fibre Super Induction Kit

which looks alot like the simota. and will fir no M z3's. I really wanted a simota but they dont make them for 2.0 z3's.
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

As i said before I have the Gruppe M rep for my 2.0 Just measure the pipe connected to the air box and purchase one that matches. Min was originally installed on a 2.8
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

Why not invest an extra £60 on top of the £190 for the sprint booster and get a proper rolling road remap?

You'll be able to get the remap tailor made for you if you chose that option.

EDIT: Part number CF610-04 from the Simota website refers to a CF enclosure and air filter capable of fitting 2.0 and 2.8 M52 engines from 99-03.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Sprint booster

Post by Mike Fishwick »

First - the Sprint Booster is for use on the later engines which with 'Drive by Wire' throttles such as the 3 litre engine - they will not fit the 1.9 or 2.8 - don't know about the 2 and 2.2 litre engines.

They are not magic - all they do is to increase the throttle position signal, so the ECU thnk that the throttle is being opened more quickly than it actually is - rather like pressing the 'Sport' button in a Z4.

This will give the same result as if you were opening the throttle more quickly than you are, and so it will seem that your engine has more power than it previously had. It's just an illusion.

As suggested above - spend a bit more money and have a good remap, which WILL give more power - and torque, and more mpg.
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Re: Sprint booster

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

Mike Fishwick wrote:rather like pressing the 'Sport' button in a Z4.
Well, in an E85 / 86 Z4 - it does a bit more in an E89 :twisted:
押忍!闘え!応援団