Wheel Centres

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster

Wheel Centres

Post by Guest »

I've searched for this but after wading through couldn't find a thread....

What's the easist way to remove the wheel centres, do you need a special tool?

I want to treat a small amount of bubbling but I don't want to damage the centres as they are fine and will go back in.
muppet

Z4 sDrive20i M Sport

Post by muppet »

I used a small screwdriver and didn't damage the centres or the wheels, but if you want to be sure take off the wheel and poke the centre out from the back.
I have been diagnosed with ADHOTS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh That's Shiney
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

Snoops, as muppet says the only way to guarantee no damage is to remove the wheel and puch thorugh from behind. You will probably be taking the wheel off anyway to make it easier to repair :wink:
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
PhoenixCoupe

Z4 coupe 3.0si

Post by PhoenixCoupe »

A little suction cup thing works without taking the wheels off too.
押忍!闘え!応援団
T48 TRE

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by T48 TRE »

I used my pocket knife, the blade slides between the rubber surround and the wheel and it just pops out. No damage to wheel or badge. As it so happened mine had bubbled too and I was replacing them.

Post by Guest »

Cheers guys, there's only a tiny bit of bubbling but its just where the centre sits on the wheel. I'll pop the centres out and go from there.