Wish I had brought the 'Z'

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Wish I had brought the 'Z'

Post by BATTERZEE »

After leaving blighty on Thursday 4th we are now in Spain in the '118d'. Really wishing the 'Z' had seven weeks luggage capacity to keep the missus happy.

A stop off in Kent for a few days, another few days in northern France and then on to Moraira in Spain. Approx 1400 miles in all and not a drop of rain, even across the south of England which is a first for me.

Averaged just under 60mph and 48mpg for whole journey. Doing Europe ain't cheap any more but the roads are the K9's Gonads. Even the snow over the Pyrenees wasnt a problem.

Been sunny and warm every day so far and seen several 'Z3's, mostly Spanish but one German. If the next six weeks are the same I will be even more green when I see a 'Z'.
ImageImage
Courageous

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Courageous »

Good work! Where in Spain are you and what route are you planning from here? Anywhere near Girona?
In the land of the pigs the butcher is king.
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

Sounds like a fun trip.

How has the Z3 been for you so far, I hope you are still enjoying it?
550i Touring

BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

Courageous wrote:Good work! Where in Spain are you and what route are you planning from here? Anywhere near Girona?
Would have passed Girona on the AP-7 last Saturday when driving down from Perpignan. We have rented a villa in Moraira for five weeks.

Thinking about going down to Malaga area to see some old Harley friends for a few days, opposite way to Girona obviously.

Haven't decided which way to go back home yet, may retrace route or go to Santander for a 'cruise' home.

Take it you live here, bet you enjoy your 'Z' topless a lot more often than we do in England.
ImageImage
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

texasjohn wrote:Sounds like a fun trip.

How has the Z3 been for you so far, I hope you are still enjoying it?
Hi John, car has been faultless (so far :) ) and have enjoyed every mile. Would have loved to bring it here, even thinking of fitting a tow bar :shock: and dragging a trailer come mobile wardrobe next time. :)

Haven't seen you in here for a while, suppose you've been posting in the Z4M section. :wink:
ImageImage
texasjohn

BMW other

Post by texasjohn »

Hi Colin

Just been very busy with work so not much time to post although I have been on a Z4 forum a little.

Here is a pic, you will recognise the setting :wink:

550i Touring

stu

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by stu »

OT, but sepang bronze looks mint on the M TJ!

I can't wait to get our Z to Italy, up in the mountains of Tuscany will be brilliant.

Unfortunately, I have to take the A6 Friday morning for the 2 weeks we're there at Easter.

I am going for a number of long weekends in the summer and might have to make up some excuse about French Air Traffic controllers, to drive the Z out one weekend early in the holidays and then bring it back at the end of the summer :twisted:

Poor Sylv's there for 5 weeks with Luca and a lot of friends and family.

Back OT, how's the 1 series for luggage space, as I'm thinking of a 123d M sport 5 door instead of another Audi canal boat TDi.
someone in a minority once wrote:I know I'm in a minority
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

stu wrote:OT, but sepang bronze looks mint on the M TJ!
Agreed, looks fantastic :thumb:
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8
rgf

Not specified

Post by rgf »

Seven weeks in Spain?! Well I had a day in Scarborough in the pouring rain. Am I jealous? - you bet!

Hope you didn't mind me borrowing your car - hate to think of it just sitting there idle for SEVEN WEEKS!!
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

texasjohn wrote:Here is a pic, you will recognise the setting :wink:
Looks like you still know how to pick them John. :wink:

Not seen that colour before, looks good.
ImageImage
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

stu wrote:Back OT, how's the 1 series for luggage space, as I'm thinking of a 123d M sport 5 door instead of another Audi canal boat TDi.
We found the 1'er ok with luggage for just the two of us, only draw back is loading stuff in the back seat cos ours is a two door. Would have thought more than two and luggage might be a problem.
ImageImage
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

rgf wrote:Hope you didn't mind me borrowing your car - hate to think of it just sitting there idle for SEVEN WEEKS!!
:D

You did re-connect the brakes didn't you. :shock: :lol:
ImageImage
rgf

Not specified

Re: Wish I had brought the 'Z'

Post by rgf »

After leaving blighty on Thursday 4th....... had seven weeks luggage

Just been listening to a piece on the radio about people advertising their absence from home by putting comments on Facebook, Twitter etc - and the fact that burglars/criminals are picking up on it.....

Hope everything is still there when you get home Batterzee!
BATTERZEE

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by BATTERZEE »

I'm not worried I've left Jason at home,10 stone Rottwieler. :D

As a matter of interest how would anyone get my address from a post on this site?
ImageImage