Fitting front and rear speakers

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Fitting front and rear speakers

Post by msassoon »

Lots of threads on here about this, but thought I would share my fitting experiences. Installed Vibe Slick 50 5" speakers in the front, and as you can see, they fit perfectly behind the original covers and using the original screw holes.
The rear ones required modifying, but managed to fit a pair of Vibe Slick 40s in there. The depth of these is 45mm, so left plenty of space for the seat belts behind.
All the work done by the boys at M&S Motorsport (and me holding stuff :roll: ), and cost £65 for the speakers.

g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

How is the sound from these speakers, do they offer more bass a better quality sound to the originals? I have looked at upgrading to these speakers just wanted an opinion on them! Also how did you need to modify the rear ones, it looks to me they need to be sat further out and mounted on the outer trim panel?
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
msassoon

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by msassoon »

They are much, much better than the originals. They are fitted in the rear by cutting larger holes with a circular cutter, then they slipped straight in. Remove the old ones altogether and these are screwed into the plastic cover.