Renovo products

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Pitblado20

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Renovo products

Post by Pitblado20 »

Hey

Just bought a zed and was doing some research into products that can help me look after it properly. I have come across the Renovo products and just wondered if anyone had tried them and if they were good products? The reviver, cleaner, ultraprofer and plastic window cleaner are the ones if have seen. I have also come across the greygate product on ebay. Is this just as good as Renovo or is it better?

Mark
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Renovo

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I've used their leather treatment for years, and it's fine. Even on our Golf TDI, which has covered 150,000 miles in ten years, the side bolsters of the seats are like new.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I used Autoglym Super Resin Polish on the plastic rear window, and its amazing (see pic). I thought it was beyond cleaning. Given it 2 cleans now and its clear.

A couple of weeks ago I used the 2 step Autoglym hood cleaner and water proofer. Again I was amazed, because my hood had greyed badly and I was contemplating replacing it for a new one. Once it had dried I couldn't quite believe that my hood was almost black again.

Gaz
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

I used renovo on my roof. They are excellent. Search to read more posts on their products.
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Pitblado20

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Pitblado20 »

actually I have searched on here for topics about Renovo products and couldn't find any with a firm answer for my question. If you begrudge giving me an answer then don't bother posting on my threads. I dont need a lecture about being a newbie thank you!
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Lecture? What lecture?
Here are the first four hits mentioning Renovo other than this thread.
('_')Z3 wrote:Renovo for me too. Gave the window a polish a few weeks ago after getting the car and it was amazing the result. Your fold line might be more of a struggle but for scratches its the business!!
estocks wrote:Renovo rear window polish or the BMW toothpaste is my recommendation.
bighfishing wrote:ive noticed the greygate one comes in exactly the same bottle as the renovo one, probably the same product but cheaper.
Snoops wrote:I used Renovo on my roof (which was dirty beige at the time) but I wanted to change to a dark green roof and was pleased with the results but I would have to say I found it to be IMHO a temporary fix as I found that it faded after about 1 year.
A firm and comprehensive bunch of answers to both your questions.

If you are going to object to the replies you get, then don't post on an open forum asking for opinions. :roll:
Use the Search button before posting newbie questions about hard tops and fitting kits, footwell speaker amps, water in the boot, hood maintainance and those horrific angel eyes. We get like 10 threads a week on the same subject, it's obvious that you haven't searched.
Pitblado20

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Pitblado20 »

This lecture.

I stand by my previous statement. If you begrudge giving an answer don't reply to my posts.

Mark
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

Pitblado20 wrote:This lecture.

I stand by my previous statement. If you begrudge giving an answer don't reply to my posts.

Mark
I can assure you that estocks signature statement is not aimed at you,but a genaral comment to anyone looking for information.

The answers are usually there if you look.

In answer to your question I have used Renovo restorer and proofer and it seems to do as advertised.

Greygate plastic polish is what we used to use on military aircraft cockpit canopies.and as such is DTD rated for military use.

I think you owe estocks an apology.

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
estocks

Not specified

Post by estocks »

Frank.A wrote:I can assure you that estocks signature statement is not aimed at you,but a genaral comment to anyone looking for information.

The answers are usually there if you look.
nailto head interface there. Some people are a little too sensitive I guess.
Frank.A wrote:In answer to your question I have used Renovo restorer and proofer and it seems to do as advertised.

Greygate plastic polish is what we used to use on military aircraft cockpit canopies.and as such is DTD rated for military use.

I think you owe estocks an apology.
Thanks for the reinforcement, but Ihave pretty thick skin, and if a stranger who I'll never meet is a bit miffed over something I wrote once then I don't require an apology from them. :)
DC

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Renovo products

Post by DC »

Pitblado20 wrote:Hey

Just bought a zed and was doing some research into products that can help me look after it properly. I have come across the Renovo products and just wondered if anyone had tried them and if they were good products? The reviver, cleaner, ultraprofer and plastic window cleaner are the ones if have seen. I have also come across the greygate product on ebay. Is this just as good as Renovo or is it better?

Mark
I used the Autoglym cabriolet fabric roof cleaning kit on mine, about £20-00 from Halfords and I'm more than happy with the result, just make sure you don't get the protector/sealer part on the paintwork.
I've still got half of it left for next time but 9 months later it's just the same as the day it was applied.
The cleaner worked wonders and left the hood black and like new
The proofer which I applied after the hood dried is invisible and leaves the hood with a natural finish though rain does bead up on the top which maybe doesn't happen with the renovo.
The effect doesn't bother me and it certainly makes the rain and particularly the bird muck roll off quickly, but it may not be to everyone's taste.
Sorry I can't advise on the window as I replaced mine soon after I bought my Z but I've used all sorts of good quality car polish on plastic windows of cars I've owned in the past with good results.

Enjoy your car.
Dave.
Dave. 1998 Arctic Silver Z3 M44 1.9 Automatic
moontop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by moontop »

is it really necessary to have that signature statement estocks, some say it's a general statement but to any new user of this site it does look like a personal message, especially if one is searching for the topics you mentioned and the search facility is not that brilliant, some people thankfully have more fun with cars than computers, I'm a newbie myself though not to motoring, maybe we could guide people more gently into our forum
Hard Top

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Hard Top »

IMHO, I think that estocks is right in making that statement.
I was trawling this forum before I purchased my car, and thanks to this 'statement' it made me aware that there is a search facility.
I don't have a problem using it and I find it very useful.
It helps to make you not look like a total Pratt, as a new member, because you will not be asking questions that have been asked and answered many, many times before.
Its all about reading the :rtm:

HT