What seats/colour are these?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

What seats/colour are these?

Post by GazHyde »

Hi, opinions of the guru's requested.

Just picked a pair of these up cheap with the intention of recolouring the leather (didn't want to risk it on my current seats!!). Had a look on http://users.belgacom.net/bmw_z3/bmw_z3 ... vidual.htm and the closest I can see are 'Individual' seats (black piping?). Do 'standard' beige seats have black piping? Definitely not Oregon as seats are all smooth leather.

Any opinions on what colour they are? I think they may be too dark for Cream, but they are filthy/stained so can't really tell. Photo's not in best light, but are reasonably colour matched.

Gaz.
BenZ3-2.0

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by BenZ3-2.0 »

dirty cream?!
Vic-Z3

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Vic-Z3 »

Gigar Smoke Cream ...................A BMW Special Colour ........ :D
----------------- BMW Z3 Das Beste Auto -----------------

Mein altes Auto riecht nach Nudeln, hat dieses Auto eine Wurst Geruch.
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
I have an individual Orinoco model and my seats are champagne leather. See below.

The piping is a very dark green I think. Check out the pics of my car when I first got it.

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

To be honest they are rare in that colour and specific to the Orinoco model and there were not many Orinoco models made.

What conditon is the leather in other than being dirty? Are they worn or torn? I would consider purchasing them off you complete or even the leather off the seats if you are recovering them. Do you have the doorcards?

Regards
Orinoco
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Darn, more thinking to do now. I only bought these as scrub seats for re-dyeing but not as keen on doing it if they are a rare colour.

They were a seats only deal, so was going to end up buying colour matched gaitors etc to match which ever colour I went for.

Would be tempted to keep them as they are, but really don't think they would go with the black interior in my car in original colour.

They certainly need some heavy duty leather cleaner first of all before I can really assess their true condition. The one in the picture is the better of the 2 conditions wise. If the dark stains don't come out, they will have to be dyed a different colour for certain.

Gaz.
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Well, so far nothing I have used has slightly touched the stains on the seats. Tried household and specific leather cleaners, so it looks like the stains are pretty well set in.

Thanks for the offer Orinoco, but it's looking like they are going to be re-dyed as per previous plan.

Gaz
Orinoco

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Orinoco »

Hi
No probs. I guess they make my seats even rarer on the plus side!

Post some pics once you have dyed them.

Regards
Orinoco
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

Leather colourant kit now ordered for delivery tomorrow! Had to order BMW Coral Red, as I couldn't supply a colour swatch for the standard red leather.

Certainly will post some pictures, and if the kit is any good will post a link to the site.

I can't help but thinking it's gonna be a messy process and I will have bright red hands by Sunday... :shock:

Gaz