///M front bumper on a non M

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

///M front bumper on a non M

Post by w4tkins »

As above I might be able to get hold of a ///M bumper to put on my steel grey facelift zed. I know it would bring up the comments of a copy but I am not labling it as an M or trying to make a replica.

What are your thoughts?

w4tkins :thumb:
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Rob Tan wrote: The Z3. Purely medicinal.
TREGZY wrote:''Ive seen the way you drive.....you got a heavy foot''
shantybeater

Porsche

Post by shantybeater »

Do it, i think the M bumper will look slightly more aggressive and work well. 8-) Check out 'S50missile' with the freshly resprayed coupe, im pretty sure he took off the M bumper for an aero one so he may have it spare :thumb:
Progress Thread:http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=36117
Previous - S54 M Roadster, S50 M Roadster, Ibiza Cupra IHI 340bhp, Ibiza Cupra K04 270bhp, 6n2 Polo GTi
Canman

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Canman »

Rob i think it will give the car a more individual look along with the other great mods you have done already. As its the facelift no one can ever say your trying to copy an M, just taking some of the great styling touches from the M and building a great individual car for yourself. get it done Mate. :wink:

Please help. The money will go to a good cause. email me for the link to my fundraising page.
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Rob, you need to pace yourself, I can't keep up with all your mods :lol:

Yepp go for it :D

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

TitanTim wrote:Rob, you need to pace yourself, I can't keep up with all your mods :lol:

Tim.
Tim you make it sound like I am obsesed with modding my zed. I only have a full grey ///M interior to fit. ///M modified centre console, roll hoops, 3.0l big brake conversion, powder coasted calipers and oh new s/s brale lines..... As I type I think I have bitten a bit too much off :shock:

Oh well, :devil:

If I can get hold of ths bumper I will be fitting it. :D here is a steel grey ///M... I like it :roll:

Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

w4tkins wrote:
TitanTim wrote:Rob, you need to pace yourself, I can't keep up with all your mods :lol:

Tim.
Tim you make it sound like I am obsesed with modding my zed. I only have a full grey ///M interior to fit. ///M modified centre console, roll hoops, 3.0l big brake conversion, powder coasted calipers and oh new s/s brale lines..... As I type I think I have bitten a bit too much off :shock:

Oh well, :devil:

If I can get hold of ths bumper I will be fitting it. :D here is a steel grey ///M... I like it :roll:

:roflmao: powder coasted calipers and oh new s/s brale lines :lol: is that what you told your insurers :lol:

I feel inadequate now :oops: A new oil cap and washer jets and AC Schnitzer pedals to fit and a strut brace sitting in the garage corner waiting to be sold :head:

Still onwards and upwards and dithering over a gloss black hard top :roll:

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
Jonttt
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Jonttt »

mmm I would think carefully as I actually prefer the deeper sport bumper. For me the ///M bumper has been modelled on the earlier models which sit higher off the floor and do not look as aggressive ie the ///M bumper should have been a deeper.

Thats why I'm thinking of fitting splitters to mine to make it sit a little lower from the front ;-)

For me the perfect Z3 bumper would be from a sport but with air scoops instead of the fog lights :D
Happiness is not around the corner........happiness is the corner
Image Video or Journal Garage: 2015 FFRR Black Edition, Porsche Boxster GTS, 1997 Porsche Carrara C4S, Ex 2001 BMW S54 Z3m Roadster
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

Tim
:roflmao: powder coasted calipers and oh new s/s brale lines :Laughing: is that what you told your insurers :Laughing:
Havent' do it yet, zed is all in bits waiting for his x-mass pressies :roll:
Jonttt
mmm I would think carefully as I actually prefer the deeper sport bumper. For me the ///M bumper has been modelled on the earlier models which sit higher off the floor and do not look as aggressive ie the ///M bumper should have been a deeper.

Thats why I'm thinking of fitting splitters to mine to make it sit a little lower from the front :wink:

For me the perfect Z3 bumper would be from a sport but with air scoops instead of the fog lights :D
I know what you are saying jonttt, the standard zed bumper with the sports grill does look good. My bumper needs respraying due to a few knock and dings. The sports grill was my plan but I have been offered a ///M bumper for a good price. If not I can always sell it :D

Thanks for the help, w4tkins :thumb:
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
Z3cade

M roadster S50

Post by Z3cade »

I say do it and if you dont like it you know it would be easy to sell....
Im sure you`ll love it though :wink:
///M Roadster - Evolve Stage 3
6 pot roadster

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 6 pot roadster »

If you do this, how much for your old one... oh and will a face lift front bumper fit on a 97 model ?
w4tkins

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by w4tkins »

yes it will fit, mine is the big mouth version. Fitted to all Z3's bigger than 1.9 as far as I am aware

I will keep you in mind :wink:. Dont want to get too far ahead, just waiting for the thumbs up from the seller :D
Image My Journal
Favourite Quotes:
komis

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by komis »

w4tkins wrote:yes it will fit, mine is the big mouth version. Fitted to all Z3's bigger than 1.9 as far as I am aware

I will keep you in mind :wink:. Dont want to get too far ahead, just waiting for the thumbs up from the seller :D
Here's a pic of a facelift z3 with the M front bumper, gills and mirrors.
wwwwOOOff!!!
Naeem.m

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Naeem.m »

I think it's a great mod. Looking for one myself but pretty hard to find. Might give s50missle a shout as mentioned.
I think it will look amazing in steel grey.
I'm hoping I can find one or if not will be be fitting a rieger splitter at the front.

Thumbs up from me rob. :wink:
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Not a fan of the ///M bumper myself. The Rieger lip spoiler is one of the better front end mods for the non-///Ms imo (even better than ACS flippers) and cheap too.

Remember, sometimes less is more....
Current...1998 ///M Coupe
Previously...1997 Z3 2.8