car mats ... which ones ?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Craig

Audi TT

car mats ... which ones ?

Post by Craig »

I have just purchased a new set of BMW car mats from my local stealer, costing me £85 (please stop laughing at this point).......

already, only 5 weeks on and the heal point is already showing signs of wear and tear.......

so, my question is.... what do you all use ? where do you buy ? only +ve recomendations please.................
---------------------------------
BostonGreenZ3

M roadster S50

Not on....

Post by BostonGreenZ3 »

Hi Craig :)

Personally I would take your mats back to the dealer and ask them to exchange them for another pair as they shouldnt wear out in 5 weeks :shock: and if the second pair wear out, go back for a full refund.

If they dont play ball then you can state consumer statutory rights :twisted: :twisted:

Also you could have saved a lot of money if you had looked on ebay, but I promise I'm not laughing :lol: :lol:
muffles

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Not on....

Post by muffles »

BostonGreenZ3 wrote:I promise I'm not laughing :lol: :lol:
me too... :lol: :lol:

i just naturally have a long nose.... :mrgreen:

i have the mats that came with my car, they are not in brilliant condition but it's no something i am particularly bothered about. i think they are standard bmw - probably original, and my poor little car has 97k on the clock...so it's had a lot of use!
RIP '98 Arctic Silver 2.8!

Supersprint exhaust * UUC SSK * Clear rears/fronts/sides * Aluminium bee sting aerial * KW coilovers
Andre_z_3000

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by Andre_z_3000 »

I'm also on the lookout for some floor mats, I rang the local BMW stealer but they wanted 180 dollars!... for 2 mats!!! like what the!? are these mats for the space shuttle or something? So I was hoping to find something online cheaper, the z3solutions ones are still pretty pricey so I guess ebay is the best bet.
Kenny

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kenny »

I have a pair of mats bought from BMW in mint condition had them for a couple of months before I traded up for a 2002 model. I was hoping to put them back on my new car but unfortunately they do not fit.

Mat design was changed in 2001.

Anyhows I'm lookin for 40 pounds includes postage in the UK.
jhb1

Z3 roadster 1.9

Kenny

Post by jhb1 »

I would be very interested in the mats if you still have them. What colour are they - with a turquoise green Z you have to be careful what you put in it!
Kenny

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Kenny »

It depends on the colour of carpet I think they are all much the same. Certainly my previous colour of car (DAKAR yellow) has the same colour of carpet as my current (Atlanta Blue). It's sort of a grey/black.
Cheers
Kenny
Craig

Audi TT

Post by Craig »

does anyone have the funny mottled mats ?

Mine are a blue/black cat skin - they match the inset of the seat and door panel - think its called Oreagon or similar ?

BMW Stealer could not find a match for it on the system anywhere - they had to make a special order, and when that finally turned up it was the wrong shape altogether - looked like a post 2001 mat or a 3 series mat.

Anyone know of or have the part number for my mat ??
---------------------------------