Dent In New Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Dent In New Z3

Post by S1 AVV »

Hi all

had my new 2.8 z3 all of 12 days and some one has dented the offside door about half way up (vertical crease, no broken paint) :(

had a quick scan on the net for repairer's and came across 'Dent Devils'

has anyone used this company, or recommend a company

any info would be appreciated
cheers si
Geoff H

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Geoff H »

It all depends on how good the "technician" is they send out. When I first got my roadster there was a couple of nasty car park dents in both doors that looked really bad. I'm lucky enough to have friends that own garages and got somebody from "Dent Magician" to visit me at home to do them. you can't see where they were at all now, he was that good, but you would expect that as he was telling me that he does all the work for Aston Martin at Newport Pagnell. Heard mixed reports about "Dent Devils" but thats in this area (Northants)
Mr Smart

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mr Smart »

try dent master ot dent wizard

http://www.dentwizard.com/site/UK/EN/index.htm
Phooto

BMW convertible

Post by Phooto »

How did you get on with the dent? - I'm probably about to try Dent Wizard - I carefully parked my 1 week old 330 yesterday, end space, close to the kerb etc. - returning to the car, noticed an old Discovery next to it with door flung open and against mine.

:head:

LR doors are high, so completely miss the rubbing strips (which you don't even have on the Z). Grabbed the door and pushed it away (with mother behind it) - she said "I'm very sorry" - I said "you've dented my door", she said "I'm very sorry, I'm normally very careful"... :head: :head:

I replied "I'm very cross, you were not careful this time, my car's only a week old".

Anyway, I got her name and address, she has (verbally) promised to pay. We will see.

At least I got to the car when she was there, her excuse was that her baby was having a tantrum. What the 'F' does that have to do with my door? :head: :head: :head:
Simon Taylor
phooto
S1 AVV

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by S1 AVV »

why is it when you park as far away as you can in car park some one always parks next to you , even if the car park's empty?

I don't think i'd have been that polite if i'd caught the prat who dented my z :evil:

thanks for the info, will give one of them a try this week and hope for the best :D