Air-bag light on dash...

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Richard Mc

Z3 roadster 1.9

Air-bag light on dash...

Post by Richard Mc »

When storing something behind the driver's seat, I kind of pulled out some wire at the back, and now the air-big light doesn't go out on the dash :(
I've tried to plug the wire back in, but can't really see what I'm doing, as it's right at the bottom, behind the seat, and can't get AT it !!!

Is there a way to fold the seat forward to get better access, or will I have to remove the seat totally !? If so, is it a big job, and how do I do it?

Or should I simply take it to the dealer, and probably get ripped off paying something like £100 in labour costs...!!!? :bawl:
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

just move the seat right forward and then allow the seat back right forward to allow access.
Part of the wire is probably still in the clip that holds it tight to the seat, un clip it and, spray in some contact cleaner before replugging in the two parts.
You will need to visit a garage however to have the airbag light reset, a good independant should be able to do it for you in about 5 mins. You might not even get charged but expect a small bill for the service.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

TonyCal wrote: You might not even get charged but expect a small bill for the service.
is that another Murry'ism I see :lol:
TonyCal

blank.gif

Post by TonyCal »

:D ok ill shut up now.