Insurance premiums.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
T48 TRE

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Insurance premiums.

Post by T48 TRE »

Hi all it is that time of year and I waited to see what my present insurer, RAC, would quote me for next year. I was surprised when the quote was about £30 less than last year and phoned up to renew. I did notice that they had written that I purchased my present Z3 in 2002 and I had to tell them it was wrong and when I did buy it which was 2006. Imagine my surprise when I was told the premium would have to be increased due to the change in the date of purchase, and in fact it increase to pence above my last year payment. However I declined the offer, as I was sure I could get a better quote. I may add that I was actually insured with ABC,a derivative of LV through the RAC.
Anyway after a couple of phone calls, the first to LV, who quoted £258.??. and the second to Direct choice who quoted £238.?? which included all the items I had with the RAC, and was also insured through ABC, I settled for the direct choice. I did note That both of these insurers asked specifically when I purchased the vehicle, which some how has a bearing on the premium cost.
To give a comparison, I have a 2001 2.2 i Sport and I am over 70. in Coventry, only doing about 5000 mls a year. ( I probably do less than That)

Regards Albert.
Frank.A

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Frank.A »

Hi Albert.I have been with Aviva/Norwich Union for many years and have recently switched from individual to their new multi-car policy with a dramatic reduction in premiums as follows.All comprehensive,protected NCD and £250 excess,Passat and Polo 10k miles/annum and Z3 6k miles/annum.

Individual 2001 Corsa 1.2 £204.Multi-car 2011 Polo 1.4 £218
Individual 2003 Passat TDI £249.Multi-car £128
Individual 2000 Z3 2.8 £278.Multi-car £138

That's £731 individual and £484 multi-car, a saving of £247.All 3 cars have the same 2 named drivers.

2000 Topaz 2.8 Individual.

Youth would be more useful if it came later in life!
T48 TRE

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by T48 TRE »

Hi Frank that is some saving, perhaps I should see what it would cost for both my wifes and my car together. I may also get a further saving.

Albert.
Lazzzydog

blank.gif

Post by Lazzzydog »

I have just renewed with Saga. Dearer than last year with 3 points on my licence but still ok at £191 fully comp for my 2 litre year 2000 with my wife as a named driver and emergency cover for any qualified driver.
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

Been with NU for a fair amount of years, this year it went up yet again, so after some shopping around I found Aviva direct to be nearly half the price!!
Checked the small print and all looks OK...

garyw
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

I have garaged mine now after 3 years stood outside, Its at my Dads which is just around the corner but a different postcode, result £70 INCREASE in my premium :(

Another result is :) as Zeddy has a warm bed and somewhere I can polish away :D
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)
T48 TRE

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by T48 TRE »

Hi Jamezee, I think it is better to have the Z garaged, otherwise it may get a lot of damp problems. Unfortunately, for my wife, mine is garaged and hers is not , but it is a bone of contention with her. I thought as hers was a standard car it would not have any problem being outside, and it doesn't, but she thinks otherwise.

Albert.
Zed Carer

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Zed Carer »

T48 TRE wrote:Hi Jamezee, I think it is better to have the Z garaged, otherwise it may get a lot of damp problems. Unfortunately, for my wife, mine is garaged and hers is not , but it is a bone of contention with her. I thought as hers was a standard car it would not have any problem being outside, and it doesn't, but she thinks otherwise.

Albert.
My wife is the same - she just cannot understand why the Z3 should have the garage all winter whilst her Z4 has to sit outside :roll:

I keep reminding her that I'm perfectly happy to take 50% of the existing (small) back garden to build a bigger garage - would also save mowing the grass, etc :lol:
Hers: Z4 2.0i Sp --------------------- His: Z3 2.8
Jamezee

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Jamezee »

:roflmao: :roflmao: Brilliant :thumb:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Harry Callahan.

BMW dust caps x 4 (replica)
Little Tree Air Freshener-Vanillaroma (now worn out and in the bin)
2006 AA road atlas (with the latest safety cameras)