Buying Parts.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Zedbedee

Z3 roadster 2.0

Buying Parts.

Post by Zedbedee »

Two posts in one day! Don't worry I won't make a habit of it but I thought my experience yesterday may be useful to others.
My 2.0 litre Z3 was running slightly unevenly so I had look around and found a small split in the rubber intake duct, the one which attached to the throttle body and has the branch going to the idle control valve. Had a look on ebay, only used parts available varying between £15 to £20 plus postage so I called my local dealer, Westerly BMW in Yeovil. New part was available for £8.84 plus VAT! Moral is, don't overlook the dealer, prices for older parts seem to be quite reasonable.
I have no connection with Westerly by the way and have only used them once before.
Heath

Z3 roadster 2.0

Buying Parts.

Post by Heath »

Yes you are right I needed the same pipe, I checked ebay & could have got a second hand one for around £16 then tried coopers BMW & got a brand new one delivered next day for £12 :)

Heath on Tapatalk
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Buying Parts.

Post by Robert T »

Always check the dealer price first - at the very least it gives you a price to beat by other means. As a quick check I use Cooper's, as they can give a price online in seconds - my local dealer is usually a little bit cheaper than the prices they quote - and I don't have to pay postage if I collect from the parts desk. There are plenty of things that they are not the cheapest for, but it is often surprising what is cheaper - Autosol chrome polish was one. :lol:

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
peteslag

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Buying Parts.

Post by peteslag »

Many people buy things on ebay because they think it is cheaper. Last year I sold a second hand car subwoofer for £80, at the same time the exact same model was for sale at Halfords, brand new, for £60. :D
Z3 3.0, Ford ST220, Jaguar XK8, Mr2 GT Turbo, Fiat Bravo HGT, Cavalier, Astra convertible, MK1 Astra GTE, XR3i, E21 323i, XR3, Cavalier, VW Jetta, Rover SDi, Capri 2.0S, Audi 80 GTE, another Cavalier, brown Astra van, Citroen GS Club (we all had to start somewhere).