3000 miles from new!

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

3000 miles from new!

Post by Pistol968 »

Anyone looking for a "new" Z3? There's a 1.9 on autotrader with only 3,300 miles from new. Priced accordingly.......

Not sure if this link has worked but its the first up under a Z3 search.

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgse ... height=200
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: 3000 miles from new!

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I'm not a big fan of cars like this. The pricing (and I have no idea what the price of this is) always reflects the owner's belief that they are selling a 'new' car, when they aren't. And then they won't believe that things like rubber hoses still need to be replaced due to age. Or that fluid services need to be done based on time elapsed as much as mileage. I have a motorbike that really doesn't do many miles each year, but still gets fresh oil every year, even if it's only done a few hundred miles in between.

I'd rather buy a properly used car that has been looked after, serviced, has had the opportunity to present problems and have them fixed properly. And doesn't cost the earth.
Pistol968

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Pistol968 »

I totally agree with you. I just posted this as a point of interest. I really would not enjoy having a car that I had to worry about so much; stone chips, parking dings etc. Also just driving the thing will erode its uniqueness/ value as the miles are added. Its priced at over £9000. Its a 1.9.
XVar

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by XVar »

Here's the link since the one in your original post just links to a picture:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

And I agree that I wouldn't want to buy it, it's probably had the attitude of "if I don't drive it I don't need to service it" so who knows what'll go bang as soon as you take it for a decent thrashing.
1997 2.8 Z3 | Gallery Thread
OldskoolRS

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by OldskoolRS »

Considering that for the same money you should be able to get a well looked after Z3M I can't see why you'd pay that much just because the mileage is low. Sure the seats, etc will be barely used, but the brakes, tyres, rubbers, etc may well still need sorting out: For example, I have some 3,000 mile tyres on my RS2000 that I bought 16 years ago and I'll be replacing them once it's back on the road despite the 7.5mm tread depth (I might take it for the MOT first though as it's only 1 mile to the garage incase it takes me another 13 years to get it to pass the MOT :D ).
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

Wonder if this car originated from close to Warwick. I knew someone who had a very low mileage car - he was called Jason. Came on some of the very early cruises. He was extremely keen about keeping his car perfect. If its his car it will be good.
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."
PCSAM

blank

Post by PCSAM »

I have seen better 100,000 milers :shock: